P97DC Value ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
Ex. condition, only had one mag of ammo thru it, 2 mags. Carried it in NY with a t-shirt and a button front shirt but it's to hot in Fl. for 2 shirts. I want a smaller carry gun in 45.

welder

Buckeye
I bought mine, one mag, light use but no appreciable wear and no factory goodies for 269 about 4 years ago. I would have preferred it to have the box etc. and would have paid a bit more if it had. My local market here is not typical price wise though, so the gun would probably sell for more else where.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Worth $225-250 in Michigan if even that.

P models are not highly desirable and the 45s even less so. New striker fired pistols are routinely under $300 and with factory rebates even less. I see Ruger SR series for sale used for $220-250 and less than $300 new. S&W MP 9s are close to $200 with the rebate and Shields less than $200 w/rebate.

Bottom line is that while I like the P97 (I have one) it is old and clunky technology. There is an overabundance of good quality modern pistols on the market priced really low so the competition is high. Not to mention most people want something smaller to carry than a full size 45.

I have one and enjoy shooting it at the range. Thousands and thousands of rounds fired without a single malfunction. I think I paid $310 brand new about 25 years ago. For the measly $200 to $250 that I could get for it I would just rather keep it, even if I hardly ever fire it.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Same here, I have a P94 40cal. and I paid $295 for it. It is the same dimensions as the P97.
I would never get more than $200 for it , so I keep it.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
RUT said:
I must have one... I simply must!
Make an offer to the Op.............
I could see a Ruger fan/collector wanting a P97. They are good guns.
There were not a lot of them made and unlike my 40 caliber, 45acp never goes out of style.
I could see someone spending $350-$400 at the most.

RUT

Single-Sixer
>>Make an offer to the Op.............<<

Yeah, well I'm kinda spent out on guns right now, so it'll have to be sometime down the road. Somebody's got one down your way on Armslist for a mere $299.00. If I found a deal like that up here in NH I'd be sorely tempted.

RUT

Single-Sixer
As a followup, I took the P97 to the range yesterday for a shake down cruise and was pleasantly surprised. I put ~125 rounds through it (brass & aluminum) and it never missed a beat. I found it to be extremely accurate (steel plates) and quite comfortable to shoot. For fairly short money I think I've found a winner! Now I just need to find a decent holster and a couple of extra mags. :)

I bought a P97 about 19 years ago. With at least 8,000 rds through it, it has been truly flawless in performance. Never a problem, always cycles correctly, fires every time, extracts & ejects without problem, 100% reliable.

I've owned (and still own) several P-gun models over the past 20+ years and they continue to be my favorites. I use them all regularly.

Latest posts