P89 Stainless Steel Magazines - When Introduced?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JNewell

Single-Sixer
Does anyone know when Ruger introduced stainless steel 15 round magazines for the P89 family?

As a subquestion, did they ever have metal floorplates, or were they introduced with the plain "bumper" style floorplates? Any ideas when the current Ruger-logo bumper floorplates were introduced?

This is relevant to trying to figure out how to distinguish pre-AWB "ban" magazines from in-ban and post-ban magazines because MA carried the original Clinton AWB forward under state law and pre-ban magazines are grandfathered.

Thanks for any information.

roylt

Hunter
I'm not sure about the stainless with plastic foot but almost 100% Ruger never put out a stainless with metal foot. Mecgar made mags in stainless for the Rugers as after market.

Good luck.

For me if there is any question I error on the side of the law. No prison for me ever.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I am 99% sure that the 15 round stainless steel plastic floorplate mags are POST BAN. I think they started with the P95 pistol (which a few of the early ones are MA legal ), but believe they came with blued mags first, then stainless later. There is a book I read once, titled "Ruger Pistols&revolvers" wriiten by Patrick Sweeney (from Guns&ammo magazine). There is a chapter on Ruger P series magazines and the differences. buy the book .
I would recommend for any P series owner.