RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:39 am 
Blackhawk

Does anyone know when Ruger introduced stainless steel 15 round magazines for the P89 family?

As a subquestion, did they ever have metal floorplates, or were they introduced with the plain "bumper" style floorplates? Any ideas when the current Ruger-logo bumper floorplates were introduced?

This is relevant to trying to figure out how to distinguish pre-AWB "ban" magazines from in-ban and post-ban magazines because MA carried the original Clinton AWB forward under state law and pre-ban magazines are grandfathered.

Thanks for any information.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:33 pm 
Hunter

I'm not sure about the stainless with plastic foot but almost 100% Ruger never put out a stainless with metal foot. Mecgar made mags in stainless for the Rugers as after market.

Good luck.

For me if there is any question I error on the side of the law. No prison for me ever.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:26 am 
Single-Sixer

I am 99% sure that the 15 round stainless steel plastic floorplate mags are POST BAN. I think they started with the P95 pistol (which a few of the early ones are MA legal ), but believe they came with blued mags first, then stainless later. There is a book I read once, titled "Ruger Pistols&revolvers" wriiten by Patrick Sweeney (from Guns&ammo magazine). There is a chapter on Ruger P series magazines and the differences. buy the book .
I would recommend for any P series owner.

Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm
S&W bodyguard 380
Glock 26 9mm