I wish Ruger would make....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
A .32 automatic pistol and cartridge that performed about like the .32 Mg. in an LCPII. If they started with a rimless version of he .32 Mg, only a little shorter so it would work in the LCP sized frame and loaded it to get about 900 to 1000 fps with a 95 gr Hornady XTP bullet. Obviously it would require a little more pressure than the .32 Mg. has, but I really think it would work.

5of7

Hunter
miniman said:
not man enough for a 380.

:D I can handle the .380 OK, but many people have trouble with it's recoil, even in a locked breech gun like the LCP. The cartridge I describe would provide higher sectional density than the 115 gr. 9MM bullet, which would make it adequate for self defense while resulting in less recoil than the 9MM, even in a smaller frame gun.

It is just a thought, presented by a guy who is always looking for new ways to spend money on a gun. 8)
PS.....I looked around on the 'net' and found that there is a conversion barrel and spring available. It is not clear whether or not standard LCP magazines will work but I'm gonna buy one and see.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I've heard this before but come on, an LCPs recoil is too heavy to shoot? It hardly constitutes a hard kicking firearm.

Is it a gun I'd shoot 300 rds at a range session? No, I don't go to the range to impress others and I'm sure my hand would be tired long before 300.

I've had two LCPs so I do have experience with them.

If someone finds the LCP to be abusive, either quit carrying CCW or get a small semi auto .22LR. Don

5of7

Hunter
mac66 said:
Buy a Keltec P32 if you want a .32.

I already have a .32 ACP, a Sig P230. But the .32 ACP doesn't produce the power that the .32 NAA does, hence the desire to convert an LCP to .32 NAA. And if I find it lacking in any way, all I have to do is put the .380 barrel back on along with the recoil spring. 8)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
You do know that a Kel-Tec P32 loaded with Fiocchi or S&B 7.65 Browning is awfully close to what you are describing, right? Those loads clock 870-900 fps out of my pistol and yes I have chronographed them. As I type this I am carrying my P32 stoked with a 78 grain lead flat point over 1.9 grains Hodgdon Titewad (not Titegroup) for an accurate and easy shooting 850 fps.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
You must live next to the 32NAA ammo wizard? I've looked for that ammo for years (years) even after my NAA shot itself apart, found exactly three boxes. And I travel nationwide...

An LCP in 22lr is a much more marketable (sellable) pistol. I'd keep a couple of those.