RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 pm 
Hawkeye

Introducing New Colors to the Popular EC9s® Line

We are proud to introduce four new configurations of the popular EC9s® pistol in a variety of eye-catching colors. These new offerings include the following color options: turquoise grip frame with aluminum Cerakote® slide finish; gray grip frame with black oxide slide finish; purple grip frame with aluminum Cerakote® slide finish, and flat dark earth grip frame with black oxide slide finish.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 pm 
Single-Sixer

I am just too “set in my ways” I suppose. If it is not blued or stainless, I am probably not interested. No offense to anyone else. Just me being me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:20 pm 
Hunter

The wife doesn't like all black guns so her SR22 is purple and the EC9 I bought her is now Birds Egg Blue frame w/black slide and she loves it. It will be shown off/shot at the East Coast Gathering in Oct.

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 pm 
Blackhawk

ncvikingfan you are absoulty right

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:12 am 
Hawkeye

I guess I'm to old and set in my ways, to go for colors on those guns, but if the wife wanted one of those colors, I'd buy it for her. No accounting for what women like. :mrgreen:

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:04 pm 
Hawkeye

ugh

PC = Political Submission

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:07 am 
Buckeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
I guess I'm to old and set in my ways, to go for colors on those guns, but if the wife wanted one of those colors, I'd buy it for her. No accounting for what women like. :mrgreen:

She married YOU, didn't she? :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:21 am 
Hawkeye

Muley Gil wrote:
Bear Paw Jack wrote:

She married YOU, didn't she? :D

Touche' :mrgreen:

George Orwell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:34 am 
Hawkeye

I am like BPJ! Black or stainless is fine. My last girlfriend wanted a blue 9 mm, none in stock, so settled for OD green!
gramps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:10 am 
Blackhawk

I would go for the black oxide finish over the Ceracote regardless of color. I know from personal experience that the oxide finish is very durable. I have no experience with Ceracote. It may be as durable as the oxide, but I can't help but think that at the end of the day it is paint.

I gravitate to stainless and blue finishes, but I also believe the polymer frame guns have their place. I own one, and it is very good for it's purpose.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:37 am 
Hawkeye

I'm also not even remotely interested in pastel guns. But if somebody else is, that's okay too.

I suspect this is generational. One of the FFL's I frequent does cerakote work. Really nice work. And hanging on his display wall are AR's and AR components, of every color of the rainbow. So there is obviously a market other than to geezers. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:14 pm 
Hawkeye

WAYNO wrote:
I'm also not even remotely interested in pastel guns. But if somebody else is, that's okay too.

I suspect this is generational. One of the FFL's I frequent does cerakote work. Really nice work. And hanging on his display wall are AR's and AR components, of every color of the rainbow. So there is obviously a market other than to geezers. :mrgreen:

Wayno, my question is have you considered Turquoise? :mrgreen:

George Orwell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:26 pm 
Hawkeye

Bear Paw Jack wrote:
WAYNO wrote:

Wayno, my question is have you considered Turquoise? :mrgreen:

I have, but where would I go, where turquoise camouflage would be invisible? Arizona? New Mexico?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 am 
Hawkeye

Either one of those would work!!

George Orwell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:05 pm 
Blackhawk

Hmmm. Wife has been thinking about getting her carry permit (which you need here just to go to the range, or buy a handgun). She might like the purple one.

Though the only pistol she's really enjoyed shooting was the Sig P210. So an EC9, while practical, might be a bit of a let-down.