Cross draw holster for LC9 pro

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sweeping unintended objects while drawing cross only happens when ignorant individuals do it. Like anything, do it right and you won't have any issues.

I can't see someone one being labeled an expert when they can't do simple gun handling tasks. Except that most experts are self anointed.

s4s4u

Hunter
blume357 said:
Just what I've been told and taught, sorry to insult you guys.....

Just can't see why I would want to have the gun on my weak side.

But I guess weak side is better than no side...

Not insulted at all, just disagree. If you use proper presentation technique the only thing you are going to sweep is the floor.

blume357 said:
Just what I've been told and taught, sorry to insult you guys.....

Just can't see why I would want to have the gun on my weak side.

But I guess weak side is better than no side...

Well, it's a heck of a lot easier to draw with one's weak hand than from a holster on the strong side.

And it's possible you were told and taught by one of the above self anointed experts.

Jeepnik, I have to disagree. Maybe I'm just interpreting what you wrote wrong....

My strong/firing hand is my right and I keep my gun holstered on that side.

How is having a gun on my left side and drawing with either my weak hand or as I see cross draw my right hand better than drawing from the same 'right' side?

recumbent

Buckeye
look at the DeSantis sof tuck holster, can be worn strong side or cross draw. Midway has them on sale right now.
I just got one for a Taurus G2C.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2375158593

blume357 said:
Jeepnik, I have to disagree. Maybe I'm just interpreting what you wrote wrong....

My strong/firing hand is my right and I keep my gun holstered on that side.

How is having a gun on my left side and drawing with either my weak hand or as I see cross draw my right hand better than drawing from the same 'right' side?

If the firearm is holstered on the strong side, anywhere but appendix, you have to reach around with your weak hand. releasing any safety devices and pulling the handgun will be very awkward and you will not have a good firing grip. Especially true if you happen to be more round that others.

If you are using cross you simply do the old cavalry draw. Faster, more secure and you start with a good grip.

Cross draw holsters are great if you drive a lot. If someone comes to your driver window it is a time saver! " sweeping someone with a barrel ist verboten!", but sure limits how a gun is carried! See old movies with cops carrying with horizontal shoulder holsters? IDPA get all apoplectic over that, and shoulder holsters are verboten in their GAMES!
gramps

Good points guys..... especially about the rules in sports.... I know you have to have rules in these things if for no other reason to keep them safe... but my late father was a marine and he taught me that in a real fight there are no rules just a winner and loser .....
his nautical navigation rule was: The boat that's left was right.....

I never thought about the driving issue...

ilikerams

Single-Sixer
I'm left handed and I carry at the appendix using the Gould & Goodrich belt holster found at the Shop Ruger site. It works well for me.