RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SR45
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:22 am 
Bearcat

Since I have been into shooting handguns, the SR series is the BEST (except .22s and the SR1911) line of pistols Ruger has had.

Beats the heck out of P series in function, ergos, style.

Shows the American series to be over thought out, overpriced, ugly and way to heavy series.

Shows the SEC lineup to be a quick off the drawing board answer to the g2c Taurus.

The only thing they should have done with the SR series is tone down the LCI (for all calibers not just 9mm), have thumb safety optional, have mag disconnect optional.

I have SR45, SR 40 C, SR 9.

They , after break in, shoot great, look good , have great sights, and are ergonomic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:02 pm 
Blackhawk

I totally agree.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:22 am 
Hawkeye

RoninPA wrote:
I really don't know why people insist on bad mouthing these guns with problems (actually I do because the internet makes it easy to do and be basically incognito to possibly millions of readers with no repercussions). Just do what most people who bought something that has a problem, call the maker and see what they will do to remedy the problem. You really don't need to broadcast it to the world. Oh, and guess what, if enough people are contacting the manufacturer about the same problem, you will probably see a recall or an engineering change happen, the company lawyers will see to that..

The guy has a right to post his experiences here. It's RugerForum, so we should expect to see posts dealing with problems our members have with these guns. It's true that problem guns get way more exposure here than the ones that work perfectly out-of-the-box, but that's to be expected. This guy at least explained what he had to deal with and offered up his "before the return" common attempts at resolving the problems, and responded to commentary without getting abusive, which doesn't always happen. I give him props for reasonable site etiquette.

It is true that contacting the manufacturer about problems is a good idea and should ultimately result in a fix and hopefully attention being paid to an inherent problem with a certain model. But it's also true that public commentary on a website dedicated to a specific manufacturer's product will likely get that manufacturer's attention, as well . . . particularly if done with a certain degree of manners. I say no harm, no foul.

I am, by the way, a "Ruger Fan Boy" but I try to not let that get in the way of objective observation.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 am 
Newly Registered

Thanks Ale-8 for the kind words. I may have seemed to be bashing Rugers, but I was really frustrated at the time of that post. I received a replacement firing pin and spring. I took the gun to the range and fired 100 HP and 100 FMJ rounds with zero malfunctions. I am really happy that this gun is working and functioning. I have a few more boxes of ammo that I will run thru it this weekend. If it continues to function 100% then it will be my permanent nightstand gun. To everyone who tried to help thanks, I was desperate for help and quite frustrated, so your help was appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:02 pm 
Hawkeye

We have a SR40 and it is a fine pistol!