Mark iv 22/45 Lite trigger kit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

exavid

Hunter
I just ordered a compensator and trigger kit from TANDEMKROSS for my target pistol a Ruger Mark iv 22/45 Lite. The compensator fit the threaded barrel perfectly and snugged up dead level with the pistol. Makes it a wee bit easier to get back on target during Bullseye practice rapid fire.

The trigger with adjustable reset and take up did not work. No matter how I adjusted it. It either locked up the bolt so I couldn't cock the gun or adjusted a bit it would allow the bolt to be retracted but dropped the hammer upon release of the bolt. I swapped it out with the original trigger twice, the original functioned perfectly the TANDEMCROSS trigger malfunctioned every time.

Side by side I couldn't see and real difference in them but I didn't put a mike on them. By that time I was getting tired of the whole thing so I put the orginal back in for the third time whereupon the pistol performed as it should. Gotta go to practice at the gun club tonight but I'll contact TANDEMKROSS tomorrow and see what's up.

exavid

Hunter
I'm only changing the trigger not the sear. The Mk iv 22/45 Lite is quite a bit different inside than the other Mk iv models. It's an all poly frame with a lot of internal differences. I contacted Tandem Kross about the problem is got an email back from them rather promptly, that they were going to check into the problem.

The model iv Lite has a slightly different trigger. On the left side of it there's a small 'ear' like protrusion molded into it. It protrudes forward about a 1.4" ahead of the trigger body. I should have taken a picture of the trigger out of the pistol. It's definitely not mold flash, it looks like it's designed to move something inward slightly when the trigger is pulled. I can't see what that's for because it doesn't do anything when the barrel and receiver is off the gun.

If Tandem Kross doesn't solve the problem in a few days I'll try to find out from Ruger. I doubt they will be too terribly happy to help anyone put an aftermarket trigger in one of their guns though. Lawyer country and all.