NIB p89

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scubadad

Bearcat
Just picked up a new in box ss p89. Still has the 2 little colored circle stickers on the frame. Box, manual, 2 ten round mags, and mag loader. $200 otd. It was too good of a deal to walk away from. Serial number says shipped in 2000 and stuck in the case was the original receipt dated 10/2000 for $339.95

What can you guys tell me about thses guns.

Is there any reason to keep it nib or should I load shoot and repeat.

s4s4u

Hunter
I am a shooter, but a truly NIB classic I would probably put away, especially at that price. I have lots of guns that I can shoot, ha!

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Wow you practically stole that thing!

I'd say shoot it. P guns are nice but I don't see a ton of value going up on them.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
Nice deal, but there are hundreds of thousands of these out there. Shoot it and enjoy it - it's not going to be collective in your lifetime or your kids' lifetimes.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Definitely, shoot it.
That's a great find, but I concur that the future market won't see P guns as collectibles.
Enjoy it... shoot it!

dfletcher

Blackhawk
scubadad said:
Just picked up a new in box ss p89. Still has the 2 little colored circle stickers on the frame. Box, manual, 2 ten round mags, and mag loader. $200 otd. It was too good of a deal to walk away from. Serial number says shipped in 2000 and stuck in the case was the original receipt dated 10/2000 for $339.95

What can you guys tell me about thses guns.

Is there any reason to keep it nib or should I load shoot and repeat.

Shoot it. The difference between never shot and shot but taken care of - heck, even if it's a few hundred $$$ (which it isn't and won't be in our lifetime) who cares. It's a pistol, not a 1965 XKE.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Nice. I just picked up a NIB SS P89DC with everything including the cardboard box for $292 otd. The inside of the plastic box has an imprinted manufacture date of 6/93. Never saw that imprinted into the plastic before. I'll post pictures once I get it home, put in a P95 trigger and throw some Hogue wood grips on it.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Got it home...
tVCD81a.jpg

...then added the parts.
wnnu8BL.jpg

welder

Buckeye
Yes, very, very nice. I keep my eyes open for a good P series all the time. Lifetime guns, very good prices and sorely underrated imo.

stchman

Bearcat
Nakanokalronin said:
Got it home...
tVCD81a.jpg

...then added the parts.
wnnu8BL.jpg

Beautiful, and $200 OTD. Lucky %^&$%. That gun looks like it just came from Ruger.

I own several P series guns:
P90 x 2
P95 x 2
P89
P94
P345

I had a P97, but it just never felt right in my hand. I sold it.

The P89 is a tank, highly unlikely you'd be able to wear it out.

Where did you get them wood grips?

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
stchman said:
Nakanokalronin said:
Got it home...
tVCD81a.jpg

...then added the parts.
wnnu8BL.jpg

Beautiful, and $200 OTD. Lucky %^&$%. That gun looks like it just came from Ruger.

I own several P series guns:
P90 x 2
P95 x 2
P89
P94
P345

I had a P97, but it just never felt right in my hand. I sold it.

The P89 is a tank, highly unlikely you'd be able to wear it out.

Where did you get them wood grips?

That P89 is mine, not the OPs. It is basically brand new though. Took it apart and there was zero wear on any of the internal parts. The grips even felt unused unlike any other P series plastic grips I've felt.