RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 pm 
Single-Sixer

I just bought a ruger sr40 stainless pistol .How can you improve it trigger and accuracy wise ? I heard you can't hardly reload for these because of the chamber .I have Lee dies and a dillion 550 loader might need dillion dies.I have a ruger pc4 carbine in 40 SW also sucks the clips are not the same .The carbine shoots 1.5 inches at 100 yards with my reloads .I really like this pistol the trigger sucks and the sites are fair .I want a green laser on it .I hate ruger quit making these .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:19 pm 
Blackhawk

If your reloads will fit in an ammo checker gauge they should work fine in the pistol.
I use a lyman.
https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-7810209-P- ... B01M0UWEXY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm 
Bearcat

My SR40 and SR40c both shoot the reloads I feed them without fail and they have never had a problem with any factory ammo, ever. Actually the SR series has been popular because of their good trigger.
(Striker Fire).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:17 pm 
Hawkeye

I used a Lee four hole turret press to reload .40s for my SR40c and it's never had a problem shooting them. Several different bullet styles and weights and loading recipes, go bang every time. I sold my loading gear recently but still have a lot of .40s I loaded on hand never had a problem with factory or non-factory ammo.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm 
Single-Sixer

What load are y'all using and what kind of groups are you getting at 25 yards ? I really liked these pistols Two police saw a friends and said we wish we had that instead of glocks.They liked these safety and the chamber indicator and the grip .They thought it was awesome to have a stainless 40 SW!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:58 am 
Hawkeye

CDNN Sports does have some SR40's available at this time if you want one.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:50 am 
Single-Sixer

I just got two of the stainless ones they had good buy. They are out of the stainless ones but have compact ones still .I want to improve the trigger and guide rod and springs . They are awesome pistols for the money.I like. The safety chamber indicator and grip .I never liked glocks .I hope I find the right load for them .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:13 pm 
Hunter

If you just bought them, why do you want to change things right away? Shoot them a while, and I think you'll find the trigger gets better the more you shoot it. I my opinion, way too many people by new guns and immediately start changing things before they even know how the gun is going shoot after it's had a few rounds fired.

My SR9 and SR45 have the original parts in them and both were a bit stiff at first but have gotten nothing but better the more rounds I have put through them. The same with my SIG P229 (.40 S&W), S&W M&P 40 and even my Glock G22. All needed a bit of a break in and now that they have been, I don't need to spend the money to make them "better".

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:16 pm 
Single-Sixer

I shot it 50 times so far just don't like the trigger . There is a 3.5 pound single pull trigger for it has to be better .I will try it again .I like having the carbine pistol combo hopefully I will find a load they both like .That little ruger carbine is super accurate and it really needs a better trigger 12 pounds and super mushy .This is the first semiautomatic centerfield pistol I have ever had .I shoot alot of 22 pistols stoger lugers and the sr40 fit my hand well .I will shoot it about 100 more rounds and see .I hope I can hit better than my first try !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 pm 
Hawkeye

I installed a Ghost Rocket trigger bar on my SR40C which made a BIG improvment. There are two types available, one is a drop in bar the other is one that's just a wee bit larger on one arm that you do a custom fit on. I went with latter. I'd file and stone it a bit, try it then repeat. I did that about four times and decided that was what I wanted. The drop in version is quick and easy and help a lot on the trigger but not quite as good as a custom fit one. It took me about and hour testing and repeating until I got it where I wanted it.

As an indication of how much Ruger copied Glock they sell an almost identical unit for the Glock.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts ... 42110.aspx

https://gunwild.dcouponlist.com/?catego ... ell-search

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member