RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upgraded my original LCP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:04 am 
Single-Sixer

I did this earlier in the year, but have been remiss in posting about it here.

I've had my LCP for sometime. I liked it well enough to send it out for better sights and, after a second trip to the folks that installed them, I was happy with the sights. This was before Ruger came out with their "custom" LCP which would probably have saved me some money.
After Ruger quietly upgraded the LCP with better fixed sights and an improved trigger (I don't know if the custom LCP had this trigger), I thought the trigger upgrade was pretty significant; enough so, that when a deal came along on one of the improved models I bought it. My plan was to swap slides and have one gun with the improved trigger plus excellent sights and one with improved sights. However, the new gun shot perfectly to it's sights and I liked the two tone look so I left both guns as is. The new gun gradually replaced the older one for carry purposes. Still, I have an affinity for the older gun (did send a rattler on with it) and thought about putting a Sweet Pea trigger in it, but that never came to fruition.

Fast forward....I've saw an auction for LCP parts and was pretty sure the parts were from an improved gun. I wasn't positive about this, but went ahead with the auction. To my relief, the parts were indeed from a gun with the improved trigger.
I swapped out parts 15, 16, 18, 23, 25, and 27 (probably only needed 18, 23, and 27), then reassembled my pistol.
Testing it immediately, I'm happy to report that my older LCP now has a much improved trigger and has resumed it's place as my bicycle gun.
Regards,
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:09 am 
Bearcat

Great to hear someone making their weapon more usable. My LCP is my go-to pocket carry pistol for many reasons, and its a stock original model.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:33 pm 
Hawkeye

I liked my original LCP for a deep carry pistol very much but hated the trigger and the non-existent signts. I sold it and bought the LCPII right after it came out and really like it. The improved trigger made a whole new gun out of it. You can actually hit a target with it. In fact one evening at my club Bullseye practice I used the little gun on one slow fire target and got three out of ten in the black at the standard 50' target. Not bad for such a little pistol. I couldn't get on paper with the original model.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member