RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 am 
Single-Sixer

Mike J wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Picked up a G2C Monday, went to the range Wednesday....75 rounds - no failures of any kind - without a doubt the worst trigger I have ever experienced. A Hi Point .380 a friend was shooting was an improvement over the Taurus.

The trigger was my biggest dislike about the Taurus I had. If someone were to come up with an inexpensive trigger kit for them they could probably make a fortune.

Keep Tinkering makes triggers for the G2C, yo can find them on Ebay or holler at him at TarusArmed.net, I have got used to my G2C trigger and will keep it factory for now. But there are options out there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:52 pm 
Single-Sixer

Initially, just holding the pistols in my hand, I felt as many seem to here and thought better of the Taurus.

Then I had a chance to actually shoot them both.

New SEC 9 C now in the house.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:28 pm 
Bearcat

WestTex wrote:
Initially, just holding the pistols in my hand, I felt as many seem to here and thought better of the Taurus.

Then I had a chance to actually shoot them both.

New SEC 9 C now in the house.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:24 pm 
Bearcat

Azrael wrote:
Picked up a G2C Monday, went to the range Wednesday....75 rounds - no failures of any kind - without a doubt the worst trigger I have ever experienced. A Hi Point .380 a friend was shooting was an improvement over the Taurus.

Nothing drives me more crazy than to see someone say a trigger is a terrible trigger simply because it is long or a DAO. For gosh sake, it you cannot shoot a DAO or do not want to train to learn how that is fine. The Internet propaganda with the Light triggers and short resets is getting old. I do not own the G2, but have shot one a number of times and it is a very nice trigger. And this is a EDC gun NOT a target gun. I moved to DAO and never looked back. These triggers are designed for these guns. Not just because some guy decided to just put on a long trigger. They are designed for fast action shooting and they do it very well and give you a extra layer of protection. These guns are not meant to be a aid for vanity shooting at the local indoor range.
Which gun would I get? No question the G2, one of the best deals out there. I am set with my Micro 9mm's, shoot them each week, love small barrel firearms. And with that, and after shooting both guns, would recommend the Taurus. A nice build quality and a great price for what you get. I might just get one because of this. I will also say that shooting a DAO has made me a much better shooter. Get a good DAO that is smooth, consistent and deliberate and you have ONE GREAT Trigger. Yes, some triggers are terrible, some very light striker fired triggers are Terrible triggers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4ImZgRswc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:28 am 
Bearcat

" I do not own the G2, but have shot one a number of times and it is a very nice trigger."
"Get a good DAO that is smooth, consistent and deliberate and you have ONE GREAT Trigger. Yes, some triggers are terrible, some very light striker fired triggers are Terrible triggers."

Please note: we are discussing the Taurus G2c, not the Taurus G2. The G2c trigger is not smooth, consistent or deliberate. I would suggest you try one sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:13 am 
Blackhawk

My G2C has a decent trigger. It's a long trigger pull, takes a little while to get used to it, but it's smooth.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm 
Single-Sixer

Azrael wrote:
" Please note: we are discussing the Taurus G2c, not the Taurus G2. The G2c trigger is not smooth, consistent or deliberate. I would suggest you try one sometime.

I have a G2c from 2018 that is smooth and no catch, I now have just south of 3000 rounds thru it without a single failure. Because of the rebate I bought another on black Friday and it too does not have the catch and is smooth, I do not consider the trigger pull long as it does have take up that is long but it takes no pressure for the take up, the pull itself is crisp on both of mine. I have heard of the trigger catch on some and have heard from the same people that after several hundred rounds that the trigger smooths out, I don't know this as both mine are smooth. My trigger is consistant with break and reset with a average 3.9 lbs of pull, I am sure there are lemons out there as they are with all companies but so far I haven't got one and from what I see on you tube and in person the G2c is a winner. I own several Rugers handguns too and the triggers from Taurus are different, so if a person is used to and likes one type then another may not suit him or her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:14 pm 
Hunter

For whatever it is worth I don't mind a double action trigger. I had a Kel-Tec P-11 that I carried for a few years. I liked it's size & capacity. It was a really long, catchy double action trigger. It felt like dragging 8 pounds down a gravel road. The little gun was accurate & shot well once I got used to the trigger. I haven't shot one of the newer G2C's. I had a PT 111 G2 & I didn't like the trigger. It wasn't the length of the trigger pull or the weight of it. I believe it was that it was inconsistent & broke way, way back. The little Taurus I had did work & was a really nice size but there are nicer pistols for not much more money.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:42 am 
Blackhawk

I bought my G2C late last summer at Rural King on sale for $189 and a $25 rebate from Taurus. So I have $164 in it. I don't know of any other pistols with the same features with 2 mags for $164