RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:40 pm 
Bearcat

I'm wondering how much difference there is between the security compact and taurus g2C, anybody own both? I have an LC9 and the Taurus I got the Taurus to have more rounds but it just doesn't carry as well as the LC9. I want to replace the LC9 so I'm thinking of an ec9s but if the security 9 compact is really smaller then the Taurus I may want to go that way. Also wondering if the holsters i have for the LC9 would work with the compact. Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:41 pm 
Hawkeye

I picked up a Security-9 Compact and instantly knew it wasn't for me. I have a few of the Taurus' and they fit my hand like a glove and shoot every time. There's no comparison between the feel of the 2. The Ruger is a large gun with a lopped off grip frame. No thanks.

I do wish Ruger made the G2c, though :)

NRA Benefactor
www.GeorgiaCarry.org

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:41 pm 
Hawkeye

I have never held or seen a Taurus G2c. I have multiple friends that think they are the cats meow. I have shot the LC9, and thought it was great except for the single stack magazine. I have an KelTec P-11, that shoots good like the LC9, so I have no need to change out a trusted weapon, though two years ago I almost bought an LC9. We live in an unprecedented time in history, where we have so many choices! Good luck finding what works for you.
gramps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:57 pm 
Hunter

I had a Taurus PT-111 G2 (it was the precursor of the G2C). It was a nice size. My two dislikes about it were the blued finish & the trigger. I kept a thin coat of Johnson's Paste Wax on the one I had when I carried it to keep it from a rusting. I believe a stainless version is available for very little more money than the blued. The trigger on the one I had broke a really long way back. Some folks say the G2C trigger is better. I honestly don't know. It is a $200 pistol that works. I think if you dig around online you might be able to find it cheaper. I honestly don't know about prices for the Security 9 compact.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:03 pm 
Hunter

I may have missed something but I think the Security 9 compact sells for around $300. If I was going to spend that much & wanted a Ruger I would look at a SR9c or the Ruger American 9mm Compact. I saw the RAP 9C at CDNN a week or so ago for around $300. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:00 pm 
Hunter

Right now you can get an SR9C for around $300.00, a far superior gun to either of those.

"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:21 pm 
Blackhawk

I bought the G2C at rural King a month ago. It was on sale for $189 and had a $25 rebate on top of that. For $164 I couldn't pass it up.
I like it, It shoots good, about 300 rounds thru it and no malfunctions, adjustable sights, 12 round mag.
I used to have an LC9 but really didn't like it so I sold it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:42 pm 
Single-Sixer

I like the Taurus ergos more to be honest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:46 pm 
Hawkeye

I think they are such a good value I picked up a couple of the Taurus. Hard to beat for the price.

There are certainly some good prices out there. Rather than buy a Security compact, I'd prefer the Ruger SR9 which is a very nice gun. I've got a couple of them and never had a problem with one. But to me this is a good deal. https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-sr9r- ... WwvCC5Ki70
All for $300. It's got free shipping but there is a $5.00 adult signature fee. Still it's hard to beat.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:18 am 
Bearcat

Mike J wrote:
I had a Taurus PT-111 G2 (it was the precursor of the G2C). It was a nice size. My two dislikes about it were the blued finish & the trigger. I kept a thin coat of Johnson's Paste Wax on the one I had when I carried it to keep it from a rusting. I believe a stainless version is available for very little more money than the blued. The trigger on the one I had broke a really long way back. Some folks say the G2C trigger is better. I honestly don't know. It is a $200 pistol that works. I think if you dig around online you might be able to find it cheaper. I honestly don't know about prices for the Security 9 compact.

I would like to get the G2C but I had a 709 slim after sending it back it was worse than before and it was gone for over a month sold it and now Im Afraid of Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:34 pm 
Single-Sixer

dogtag69 wrote:
I would like to get the G2C but I had a 709 slim after sending it back it was worse than before and it was gone for over a month sold it and now Im Afraid of Taurus

I bought a G2C in December 2018, I have just south of 2000 rounds thru it and it has been flawless from day 1. I do clean and lube after every firing and carry this gun daily, I will buy another as soon as I save and can get a stainless slide, mine is black and even tho I have no rust the finish isn't that good. In my opinion the G2C is the best deal in a semi auto handgun.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:40 am 
Bearcat

Picked up a G2C Monday, went to the range Wednesday....75 rounds - no failures of any kind - without a doubt the worst trigger I have ever experienced. A Hi Point .380 a friend was shooting was an improvement over the Taurus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:40 am 
Blackhawk

You will get used to the trigger.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:28 am 
Hunter

Azrael wrote:
Picked up a G2C Monday, went to the range Wednesday....75 rounds - no failures of any kind - without a doubt the worst trigger I have ever experienced. A Hi Point .380 a friend was shooting was an improvement over the Taurus.

The trigger was my biggest dislike about the Taurus I had. If someone were to come up with an inexpensive trigger kit for them they could probably make a fortune.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:29 pm 
Single-Sixer

I recently got a good deal on a regular security 9, i could not hit with it as it was bad left and wouldn't group. there was something inside the chamber and barrel that wouldn't remove even with brushing. i called ruger and they did send a return label, i however sold the gun with the return label. I went and got another G2C, it shoots as good as my first and will keep it in case i need service on my first one. I still love ruger and will buy their guns again but will inspect them a little better like I do Taurus.