RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EC9S First range visit.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 pm 
Bearcat

Well i've come full circle and bought an EC9S, iv'e had the orig and the pro, sold and went G43. Anyway took to the range and shot 90+ rounds though it, 50 nato, 8 JHP and the rest my reloads, no Ftf or fte. I loaded up 95 gr bullets at 4.0 grains of promo as a test and they cycled and shot fine, my normal reload is 115/124 at 4.0 promo. I'm happy I came back.

GP100 3"x2, 4", 5" and Match Champion
SP101 2" & 3" 357
LCRX357, LCR38
MKIII RIO, & MKIII, 10/22 & Single Six
SIG P226 MK25
Glock 19, 43X, & 34G5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:44 am 
Hawkeye

Tommyhof wrote:
Well i've come full circle and bought an EC9S, iv'e had the orig and the pro, sold and went G43. Anyway took to the range and shot 90+ rounds though it, 50 nato, 8 JHP and the rest my reloads, no Ftf or fte. I loaded up 95 gr bullets at 4.0 grains of promo as a test and they cycled and shot fine, my normal reload is 115/124 at 4.0 promo. I'm happy I came back.

I think a bunch of us have found pleasure in this EC9s.

I never had much interest in the original LC9. But now this EC9, which is pretty much the same gun, is the cats meow.

Go figure. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:36 pm 
Ruger Guru

WAYNO wrote:
Tommyhof wrote:

I think a bunch of us have found pleasure in this EC9s.

I never had much interest in the original LC9. But now this EC9, which is pretty much the same gun, is the cats meow.

Go figure. :mrgreen:

I am the same, I had no interest in the original, but loved the EC9! Can't really say why, other than the LC9 was pretty pricey around here, and the EC9 was dirt cheap. Mine has run 100% from day one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:30 pm 
Single-Sixer

I've taken my new EC9s to range twice now and have fired 330rounds through it and it has been flawless.
I thought that I would really be at a loss with the milled sights, but I have found rather pleasantly that once I got on track with point of aim I could shoot it as accurately as my other guns with better sights.
If you Think about it the milled sights
are no different from those on the revolvers I learned to shoot with.

pb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:42 pm 
Hawkeye

My EC9S works just fine. I prefer my LC9spro a little better without the safeties but both are fine little guns. With a DAO I don't think one needs a safety anymore than one needed one on a revolver.

Paul W.
Sad NRA Life Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am 
Hunter

exavid wrote:
My EC9S works just fine. I prefer my LC9spro a little better without the safeties but both are fine little guns. With a DAO I don't think one needs a safety anymore than one needed one on a revolver.

I don't know that I'd consider the trigger on my LC9s to be DAO. I am glad it has a safety for times I want to stick it in a pocket.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:53 am 
Buckeye

I pocket carry my EC9s whenever I walk out of the door. Mine shoots fine and has not FTF, even with CCI shotshells.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:44 pm 
Hawkeye

Tommyhof wrote:

Good Job! 8) :D
gramps