Ruger LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sailorb

Single-Sixer
Been a while since I've been on the forum. Life gets busy. But I need some advice from all of you. I am thinking of getting a Ruger LCP. I need a gun I can drop in a pocket over the summer. I see a Ruger still offers the standard LCP and the LCP 2. I know there are some differences as I see on the website, but what are they really and in your experience ,which do you prefer?

tercel89

Single-Sixer
I bought a new LCPII last year. I hate to admit it but I rarely carry a big pistol now that I have this one. It's so small and so easy to throw into my front pocket. I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster which only cost $19 and been carrying it in my front pocket of my pants and shorts for over a year. LOVE IT!!! I have put 150 rds of 95 grain FMJ target rds through mine and I use the FMJ as carry ammo since it will penetrate better than the hollow points in this particular caliber. The LCPII also holds it's slide open when the magazine is empty. The magazine that it comes with comes with 2 base plates which are the flush one and the one with the extra grip length. I like the flush one which makes it very small. I keep mine wiped down with Ballistol every 3 months. No problems at all.

I have a Gen 1. It is my primary carry(concealed), and becomes secondary when I open carry. Don't leave home without one, to fulfill the first rule of an gunfight-"have a gun"
gramps

RSIno1

Hunter
I bought 2 this year. A 10th aniv model because in 50 years it'll be collectable - nah due to the stainless slide and got the wife a Talo purple one. We haven't taken them out yet but she's working on building up some hand strength to pull the slide back. I bought a couple of those Kydex trigger covers because it seems easier/cheaper a holster.

exavid

Hunter
For me the LCPII was enough improved over the original LCP that I replaced mine and am very pleased ith the new model. Same as withe the LC9. I replaced mine with the new LC9s pro. I liked both guns but the new models have such an improved trigger that I replaced both and think it was money well spent. Try it, you'll like it.

I carry the original, added a clip to it that I purchased from Keltec that they made for their P3AT pistol that the LCP was a basic copy of. I carry clipped inside the waistband with no holster, works great.

And I keep a full spare mag in my front pocket...don't leave home without it...

exavid

Hunter
You're braver than I. I don't carry unless the pistol is in a holster that covers the trigger whether belt or pocket carry.

LAH

Buckeye
I used the southwest carry for years without incident but the LCP is in the factory pocket holster.