RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:56 pm 
Buckeye

At Sportsman’s Warehouse. Hard to beat $249.99 for a new SR9..... or the .45, or the compacts.
Ordered mine on December 14th and just picked it up today. Not bad in spite of the Christmas rush.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:25 pm 
Buckeye

I saw that deal as well , just don't need any more pistols .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:37 pm 
Single-Sixer

I just purchased one as a close out. Last one they had @ $224.00 out the door. Could not pass it up at that price. Got Ruger to inspect (just in case). They replaced 2 parts that the technician said had been updated over time. Good to go.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:00 pm 
Hawkeye

I didn't hear about that. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I like the guns and have a couple of them. They've been very reliable for me.

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:15 pm 
Single-Sixer

I'd jump all over that if I didn't have 2 flawlessly performing SR9cs.

Better price than I've ever seen on a gun I like. Don

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:04 pm 
Buckeye

Another poster said they are all out of the SR45.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:31 pm 
Bearcat

I bought an SR9C last week, but not from Sportsman's Warehouse.

I initially asked SW to add a local FFL for delivery, but was told they already listed dealers close enough to where I lived. I was unimpressed by the idea of driving to a dealer in a different city to pay an above-average transfer fee AND another $12 "for storing the Federal paperwork." As it turned out, the price of an SR9C from my LGS was literally within a couple of dollars of what the all-in cost would have been from Sportsman's Warehouse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:19 am 
Hunter

gc70 wrote:
I bought an SR9C last week, but not from Sportsman's Warehouse.

I initially asked SW to add a local FFL for delivery, but was told they already listed dealers close enough to where I lived. I was unimpressed by the idea of driving to a dealer in a different city to pay an above-average transfer fee AND another $12 "for storing the Federal paperwork." As it turned out, the price of an SR9C from my LGS was literally within a couple of dollars of what the all-in cost would have been from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Did you buy local or online? I was tempted by the Sportsmans Warehouse deal. I went to check out to see what my total cost would be & the list of FFL's seemed odd. I closed it out thinking I would contact them & see about getting the FFL I usually use added (they only charge $10 for a transfer if you have a Georgia Weapons License). I never did follow up. The only 9mm I currently have is a itty bitty CM9. I had been thinking about getting one just because of how much cheaper 9mm fmj is than .40.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:34 pm 
Bearcat

Mike J wrote:
Did you buy local or online? I was tempted by the Sportsmans Warehouse deal. I went to check out to see what my total cost would be & the list of FFL's seemed odd. I closed it out thinking I would contact them & see about getting the FFL I usually use added (they only charge $10 for a transfer if you have a Georgia Weapons License). I never did follow up. The only 9mm I currently have is a itty bitty CM9. I had been thinking about getting one just because of how much cheaper 9mm fmj is than .40.

I certainly did not buy from Sportsman's Warehouse after the misleading add-a-FFL offer followed by the use-who-we-say response.

My LGS is a member of GearFire, which is an internet service for gun dealers (somewhat like Davidson's Gallery of Guns). Using the GearFire website, I searched for SR9C and got a list of 20 relatively nearby dealers.

I did notice that Sportsman's Warehouse no longer has the SR9C on sale for $249.99, although the SR9 still is, as well as the blued version of the SR45.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 pm 
Hunter

I found one for very close to the same money as Sportsmans was advertising by using the search engine at gun.deals. Now I've got to decide if I want to go through with it or not. It is the black/blued version but still a bargain at that price.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:35 pm 
Buckeye

Well yeah, that is a very good deal. You won’t regret it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:20 pm 
Buckeye

wished I had known about them I would have got one, but it looks like the low price is gone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:27 pm 
Buckeye

They are at $299 now .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:01 am 
Hunter

Not buying right now for my own reasons. SR9c at the link for 256.79

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?It ... uct%20Feed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:41 am 
Buckeye

Mike J wrote:
Not buying right now for my own reasons. SR9c at the link for 256.79

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?It ... uct%20Feed