Help with deciding on used P85

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Georgian

Bearcat
Hey yall. I'm planning to purchase a used P85. I'm currently looking at two like new in original box, both with two magazines.

Based on my reasearch, one was produced/shipped in 1987 (within the first 2500 produced) and the other 1989 (just under first 100,000 produced). The older P85 still has the original slide stop before it was modified. I do not know if either has undergone the MKIIR modification by Ruger.

Both appear to be in 85-95% condition. Is the there anything to be aware of with the P85s? I've had experience with the P90 and P95, but wanted one of the older P-series. Thanks for your help!!

TxGun

Bearcat
I have a P85 MK II stainless that I really like. Never a single issue of any kind with it. I had, and traded, a P85 way back when they first hit the market. No problems with that one either. I thought about that gun off and on over the years, and decided I had to have another one. Very rugged, very reliable. I picked up a complete parts kit a while back for around $100, but I seriously doubt I'll ever need to replace a part. I'm a big fan of all the P series guns. The only one I don't have is the P93...and I'm on the hunt for one of those.