Big Surprise

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So, I had bought and picked up this FHN -FNS-9 sold by our own Colonial Girl a few weeks ago, right after getting out of the hospital. To be honest I was not too sure about the pistol and it does have a safety and is one of those new fangled striker fired guns I'm not a fan of. I did ask opinions on a another forum and go a mixed review (big surprise) Now the one thing I did discover and liked was that the gun is actually manufactured here in S.C. Also the trigger seemed surprisingly good when dry firing...

Today I got by my gun club and tried it out..... All I can say is DAMN! It is probably one of the most accurate guns I own... and the trigger is awesome. One more good handling and shooting gun.

Nice pistol! We have a FNS in .40 here and it is a fine pistol:

2h9BNGF.jpg

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
FN makes some nice guns.
I have a couple of their rifles.

Just a little FYI.

I don't know if this particular gun is effected but the Arizona Department of Public Safety ( Highway Patrol ) is replacing their FN's because they can fire unexpectedly or not at all.
FN will fix the problem but it might be a good idea to check and see if yours is on the list.

https://www.azmirror.com/blog/how-a-reddit-thread-helped-us-report-on-dpss-firearm-problem/

They also have a problem with some pistols that delay fire after the trigger is pulled.
This particular problem is on pistols made prior to Feb 2017.

https://fnamerica.com/customer-support/fns-service-bulletin/

Its seems this pistol is part of the recall in that if you hit it real hard with a hammer it might go off.. I registered the gun with FNH and then tried to figure out their claim page but it was way beyond my abilities.... who ever created their web sight must think and speak in a different language.... This first indication of this was when registering the gun... you have to give it a name.... I quit naming my guns after I purchased my 4th one.....

Mike J

Hunter
blume357 said:
Its seems this pistol is part of the recall in that if you hit it real hard with a hammer it might go off.. I registered the gun with FNH and then tried to figure out their claim page but it was way beyond my abilities.... who ever created their web sight must think and speak in a different language.... This first indication of this was when registering the gun... you have to give it a name.... I quit naming my guns after I purchased my 4th one.....

Maybe you should just give them a call & see if you can get it worked out over the phone.

To be honest, I'm not worried about it... I watched some video of the gun accidentally going off... I have no plans to hit the top of the gun with a hammer....

I am curious though, I registered the gun with them and so I would think since they have the serial number and my addresses, they should be contacting me.

Mike J

Hunter
I would still probably try to get whatever fix they offer done. There was no damage to the firearm & no unintentional discharge but I have seen the time I dropped a holstered fully loaded XD-40 I used to have. I chewed myself out about that one.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Blued steel and wood grips still work best for me, but I have to admit the plastic guns (except for Glock) sure are fun. I like the ease with which one can do the "mix & match" and customize the heck out of them. I have some XDs and S&W M&P semi-autos and every one of them has multiple caliber conversions and aftermarket parts that just drop in. Working on Sig or Browning or Colt pistols can be a bit of a challenge, takes some skill and as they say, it pays to know one's limitations. Getting a Sig 357 barrel on to my BHP MkIII or a 38 Super onto a SA 9mm Range Officer a) wasn't easy and b) wasn't cheap. Having an XD Compact that shoots 9mm, 357 Sig and 40 S&W, or an M&P that goes from 4" 40 to 5" 9mm - lots of fun.

Mike J

Hunter
dfletcher your post is tempting me. I picked up a M&P 2.0 40 compact with a 4" barrel back at the first of the year. I keep reading people posting about the conversion barrels. I think I'd like to try out shooting .357 Sig without the expense of buying a whole new gun.