10mms

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Yes, I know this has been discussed.

Would like for Ruger to offer a semi auto 10mm. I sent that comment to the Ruger CEO on the ask the CEO vehicle.

Why don't any of you who agree do as I did?

Fix any flaws that might exist in the Ruger American, ensuring that it was designed to be durable with hot ammo like Buffalo Bore or Underwood. Don

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Thanks Hunter, I should have said that I was thinking of a polymer striker fired gun like the American.

I knew about the SR1911. Don

grobin

Blackhawk
The clunky, sort of 1911s still predominate! Glock (M40, et al), Spring field armory (XD(M)), and others produce a modern, reliable, pistol! Ruger makes great 10mm revolvers though. I had a Glock 40 (it was excellent, but I gave it to my sister), I have a Ruger Blackhawk that's a lot more fun to shoot, more accurate, and usable for developing loads.

IMHO Ruger would do well to compete with the 40 and the XD(M)!

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I had a Springfield XD(M) 5.25" barrel.

Really wanted to like the gun, nothing wrong with 9mm but I'm a power junkie.

Took it to the range and it was reliable but it didn't get much love from me. Backstrap safety would disengage even with a poor grip. I wanted to reload as commercial 10mm ammo (other than Buffalo Bore and Underwood etc) is lame and all of it is stupid expensive.

That gun flung brass into the next county. I even carefully pointed the gun at the high berm from hip level so I could watch where the brass was ejected to but I still only recovered about 15% of the brass.

Sold it to a nearby gunshop and happily took the loss.

I like my two SR9cs and S&W M&P9 M2.0 far better. Don