Ruger SR1911 commander help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dstegjas

Single-Sixer
I am looking at a used Ruger SR1911 commander and was wondering what they bring on the market. This one has everything that came in the box when new. They are asking $525 for it and will probably take $500. It also comes with a box of Blazer ammo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

dstegjas

Single-Sixer
Cholo said:
$500-525 is a good price if in excellent condition.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I do look on gunbroker from time to time. Like most auctions though prices can very because people get out of control at auctions. So I put more trust in people that aren't that involved in a purchase. They do give you a good range of prices though.

Thanks again for helping out.

Jim

dogtag69

Bearcat
I was running way short on cash a while back I have the LW commander .45 I was offered 425 for it I still have it, if I had been offered 525 I would have had to let it go

I think it is a good price but I would suggest letting them keep the Blazer ammo from what I've heard about it.

As for gun broker... the best way to try and determine a gun's worth there is to look at a number of gun's... buy it now prices....

Cholo

Staff member
blume357 said:
As for gun broker... the best way to try and determine a gun's worth there is to look at a number of gun's... buy it now prices....
No, it's not. A gun rarely goes for the BIN price on GunBroker. You need to look at what multiple similar guns have sold for.

hittman

Staff member
I know this thread is a few months old but ..... sounds like something in the $500 range is pretty reasonable. However, there's a lot of Ruger Commander variations in finish and caliber. Can't imagine that $500 is too high for any of the variations but may be low if it's some special edition or finish. Did they make one commemorating Navy Seals or the NRA? If so, those may be more spendy.

My Commander is a lightweight 9mm. Bought it a month old from a local guy who'd put exactly 50 rounds through it. Still had the box, manuals and all that. I didn't even try to dicker at $500.00. Heck, I put another 100 rounds thru it just yesterday along with my G43. They're the 2 semi-auto's I shoot the best.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Cholo said:
blume357 said:
No, it's not. A gun rarely goes for the BIN price on GunBroker. You need to look at what multiple similar guns have sold for.

And then add in all the ACTUAL shipping costs (plus whatever your LGS transfer fees are) as they are ACTUAL selling prices. NOT what GB tells you the gun alone sold for.

GB is not the authority on "going prices" some people think it is. Every penny you pull out of your pocket is the best indicator of current pricing. Real life wins again.