Double-Stack LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

You don't say how long ago, that happened, it's my understanding they are under new management. I'm not a big Taurus guy, but they seem to be making a real effort to put out some good products.

I watched a video comparing it to a Glock 26 which is a gun 2-1/2 -3X as expensive as the Taurus. One of the points he made even though he chose the Taurus if he was going to buy just one, that the Taurus (unlike the Glock) will never be a 10,000 round gun. At least it's got a ways to go to be seen as that reliable. On the other hand you can buy 2 or 3 Taurus for the price you will pay for the Glock. But I don't necessarily expect a gun at that price to be a 10,000 round gun, and don't care.

exavid

Hunter
I do like some of their designs but was very disappointed with the two of their guns I had. The .40 thin would have been a near perfect carry pistol as would have been the TCP. I fired a Taurus .44 revolver a short barrel with a small rubber covered grip that a member of our club was shooting. He said it was shoot low left. I tried it with some trepidation thinking it was going to be a lot nastier to shoot than my old S&W M.29. I was very surprised with the gun, I even opened the cylinder to make sure it had .44 mags in it instead of .44 specials. Very easy recoiling, easier even than my S&W with it's 6" barrel.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/31506/Firearms/Handguns/Taurus/Taurus+Revolvers/Taurus+44SS4+M44+6RD+44MAG+4

I've had a few Taurus revolvers over the years. Never have had a bad one. I've had a few model 85's over the years, and a few years ago I bought a stainless 85 so my wife would have one in her car. I've had a few of the Taurus 431's as well (44 Special) and they are wonderful guns. Wish I'd have kept one or two. I let the GP100 44 Special take their place, and should have kept them. Still have the GP. Recently bought a Taurus UL in 44 Special. Those are few and far between, I had one in 45 Colt years ago, think I'll keep this one. Haven't picked it up yet, but looking forward to it. I've had a couple of PT111 Gen 2 Milleniums, and they were so handy different friends talked me out of them. Not long ago I thought I was buying another one and it's turned out to be the G2c. When I noticed that I did some research. Seems like a keeper.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
s4s4u said:
Shutterbug said:
Rugeraz said:
Ruger just came out with the Security 9 Compact that pretty much fits that bill. Doubt they will make a double stack LC9s as well.

It is quite a bit wider than the LC9s. I have a Security 9 and like it a lot, but I like the narrow LC9s for carry. In my original post I was only wishing for a double-stack LC9s. Grins.

If you double stack the magazine it is going to be wider than a single stack. You can't have both.

The grip on the LC9S has a narrow grip ... if it the frame was redesigned to be a double stack .. It should be still be very concealable