New (to me) Ruger P95 and Sig P239...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Sig P239 is my latest carry gun and I had shot it before but really gave it a work out yesterday.

The Ruger P95 I bought off a fellow member last month and have not had a chance to fire I finally did.

Both performed flawlessly and shot pretty dern good....

lipofsky

Single-Sixer
I have fired several thousand of whatever cheap stuff is on sale thru my P-95, two misfires, my fault because I did not see that the bullet was improperly seated.

The only malfunction I've ever seen in a P95 was my sister in law's first shot she limp wrested the gun.... I have never been able to limp wrist one of my P95s but I actually saw her do it.... holding it so loose that the gun recoiled back just about as far if not further than the slide moves and so the next round did not chamber correctly.

trapperon

Blackhawk
Dang! Anxious to shoot mine now! I am a revolver guy but picked up a blued p95 in one of those "deals you cant refuse" situations! So far havent read a single bad report on one anywhere! Sounds like a true tank like pistol--as good as or better than a Glock.

Ron

You'll get folks here and in other places who will claim that Ruger no longer supports the P95 and so don't buy one. MY answer to that... I'm not sure if they do or not but I have never had a reason to return a P95.

Three50seven

Buckeye
Love my P95!

11PnEOX.jpg

TxGun

Bearcat
blume357 said:
You'll get folks here and in other places who will claim that Ruger no longer supports the P95...

Those folks would be wrong, blume. If they would just go to Ruger's website and check "Customer Service", then "Parts & Service", they would see a list of guns no longer supported. Discontinued does not automatically equate to not supported. Note: the Service Dept. does ask you to call on the P85 and P89 to see what parts and service are available.

Anecdotally, I talked to Ruger in January about a part for my P94, and was told (paraphrasing), 'we will support any gun that is not listed...and even if it is on the list, call us. We may well be able to help you out, we just can't commit to it any longer.'

*Note that Ruger says specifically that all guns listed were produced in Newport, NH.