What's the deal with the outdated & useless P89 thread?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I asked and asked for it to be a sticky.
Gary put a lot of work into that post and I feel it is still good. His pictures are gone and the link to Steve's pages are now subscription based but there is another post that has a free link to the manual.

I feel it is still good information as I'm a P-nut.

Keep the P-guns alive!

walnut777

Bearcat
I wish Gary's pics were still there. I became a member here years ago. Forgot my old username. Wished I could remember it.

My first Ruger was a Ruger P89DC Stainless. I still have it and carry it once in awhile.

This forum is where I learned to put the 19lb Wolf hammer spring and Wolf recoil spring in. It was very popular back then to do the Wolf spring swap.

I still love P series. I'm looking for a P85, Stainless P93, 94 and 95 to add to my ruger semi auto collection. Currently have the p89, sr9, Rap9 Sr1911 cmd 9.

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
walnut777 said:
I wish Gary's pics were still there. I became a member here years ago. Forgot my old username. Wished I could remember it.

My first Ruger was a Ruger P89DC Stainless. I still have it and carry it once in awhile.

This forum is where I learned to put the 19lb Wolf hammer spring and Wolf recoil spring in. It was very popular back then to do the Wolf spring swap.

I still love P series. I'm looking for a P85, Stainless P93, 94 and 95 to add to my ruger semi auto collection. Currently have the p89, sr9, Rap9 Sr1911 cmd 9.
The .pdf (with photos) is here: https://the-eye.eu/public/Strategic%20Intelligence%20Network/weapons/firearms/manuals/ruger_p89_disassembly_manual.pdf

blume357 said:
I just don't get it... why can't one of the monitors here take the sticky off of that damn thing so that it will slowly float down the list into oblivion? Or just delete it......

All the no-longer-available photos have been deleted. There are still posts of interest to owners of these pistols, including one that provides a link to a PDF of the manual in question . . . likewise shown in gb6491's post above.

:mrgreen:

A.J.

Single-Sixer
The P89 is ugly, clunky, heavy... And perhaps the best "car gun" on the planet. Mine has been riding in my car for 15 years. Never had to pull it out except for cleaning and target shooting.

tpelle

Bearcat
I have a pretty much new condition P89DC that I inherited from my deceased older brother. Came with the plastic case, two 15-round mags with the steel mag loader, and the manual. I don't think it's had more than a box of 9mm through it. The plastic case has a "4/03" stamped into it. There is a VERY SLIGHT dummy scratch on the slide, which I could likely polish out, but I probably won't, just because I may put it into my carry rotation - I just ordered a Don Hume IWB holster for it.

I believe that my brother purchased this pistol, along with a Ruger GP-100, from a co-worker that got in a bind and needed the money. My brother was a rifle/shotgun hunter and had no use at all for pistols, so he loaded up the magazines with 9mm Ball and stashed the whole rig in his dresser drawer, where I found it when I cleaned out his house. The ammo has a head stamp of "G.F.L." - Does anybody know who made that stuff?

Never mind. A little Google-Fu revealed that it is "Giulio Fiocchi, Lecco (Italy)".

Last edited: