P93DC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Finally got to the shop to pick up my P93DC. I was a little disappointed in the finish (at first). It just looks so different than any of my other stainless P pistols. I shot it, shoots fine. Went home and really got to wondering about the finish. I looked in Chad Hiddleson's Reference of Ruger Firearms, and I found that for a short time, Ruger applied what was called a Rem-coat (grey matte-like) finish to the receiver of some of their KP93 pistols. The books said this finish would be considered extremely rare as it was not used for very long, but was also produced concurrently with Ruger's standard stainless finish. It remind me of the "target grey" finish Ruger put on some of the Super Redhawks. So, what I was at first disappointed in, I am now pretty happy about!!! I will try to post a pic later, but I bought it off gunbroker, and the pics from there didn't really show the finish well. It just looked like regular stainless, so I doubt my cell phone pics will be any better.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
I have always liked the P93/KP93. It took me a good little while but I finally ended up with two of them. What is not to like. The size of the P95 with all metal construction. I am certainly glad that ole man Ruger got impatient with the development of the P95.

gunman42782

Hunter
gramps said:
What caliber? 9 mm?
gramps, who is unfamiliar with them.
Yes, the P93 is 9mm. All in the pic is 9mm, with the exception of the one on the bottom (P97) and the two toned one to the right (P90), which are .45s.

roylt

Hunter
REM is my favorite! And yes it is the same as "target grey".

P94 in REM is the best for me. Never got the GP100 in target grey but that would be nice too.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

Three50seven

Buckeye
Nice collection! I have a KP95PR (stainless w/ picatinny rail), as well as an original PC9 carbine. I would love to get my hands on a couple more 9mm P-guns!

walnut777

Bearcat
Nice collection. I've been wanting to add to my Ruger semi auto collection. I need a p85, p93, p94 and p95. I currently have P89DC, SR9, RAP, RAP Compact, sr1911. My P89DC was my first Ruger. Bought it a long time ago. Still carry it sometimes. I havea few other Rugers, rifles, revolver, Mark 3 hunter etc. I work at a pawn shop and you'd think Id see more P series. Ive only seen 1 P series come through the store in the past 2 years.

roylt

Hunter
walnut777 said:
Nice collection. I've been wanting to add to my Ruger semi auto collection. I need a p85, p93, p94 and p95. I currently have P89DC, SR9, RAP, RAP Compact, sr1911. My P89DC was my first Ruger. Bought it a long time ago. Still carry it sometimes. I havea few other Rugers, rifles, revolver, Mark 3 hunter etc. I work at a pawn shop and you'd think Id see more P series. Ive only seen 1 P series come through the store in the past 2 years.

You must be focusing on 9mm only. Otherwise you need the 90, 91, 944, & 97 too.

Keep the P-guns alive!!

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Yeah they are addictive..I had a P89 and a P95 at one time. My only Rugers left are the 40S&W P944 and PC4. My 9mm's are all other brands....but If I saw a P93 ....I would grab it,they are small &rare especially with that finish

Tip

Single-Sixer
gunman42782,

Nice P-series collection, you have!
Thank you for showing the particulars regarding the unusual finish. That's something new for me to keep on the lookout for. I know P-series pistols are passé for many folks -even on this site (just witness how slow P-threads move, anymore!). Not me, though!... I still like 'em.

Today, I saw a KP95PR for well under $300... Not the top of my "wants" regarding P-series pistols, but if he'll come down a little more, I may just bring it home!

Latest posts