Ruger SR9 Discontinued?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
I was just checking the Ruger site to compare the SR9c to the new Glock 43X and Glock 48. I noticed that the SR9 line of handguns is no longer listed.

When did the line go away? I really liked the line and was considering picking up an SR9 to go along with my SR9c.

Charlie

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
There will be plenty of them at the retail level for quite a while, and Ruger will continue to support them for a few years. Not the first time they or any other manufacturer has discontinued a model, and it won't be the last time. If you still want one, buy it and don't worry about it. They discontinued the 9e a couple years ago, but mine still shoots just a good as it use to. :)

FergusonTO35

Hunter
My dealer received notice right before Christmas from one of his distributors that they were putting all their SR's on closeout. He is disappointed, as the SR always was a much better seller for him than the RAP. Come to think of it, I see no reason why Ruger would not get out of full size/striker fired pistols altogether at some point. Neither the SR or RAP have gotten any military or police use, and this market segment is beyond saturated. On the other hand, Ruger revolvers and small autos still sell really well and are market leaders.

DDDWho

Bearcat
I think my SR40 is well made for a plastic framed handgun. Innards look substantial. I don't think Ruger has figured out how to make a semi auto that is easy to field strip.

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
s4s4u said:
I don't think Ruger has figured out how to make a semi auto that is easy to field strip.

You should check out the American. Can't get much easier

I agree. They did a dang good job with it.

Jon

exavid

Hunter
I had a Ruger SR9 for a couple of years. It was a nice handling pistol. My only gripe was the trigger. I installed a Rocket trigger bar in mine which really made it a nice shooting gun. It wasn't a drop in part, one had to do a bit of filing, test it, and file another time or two until it was just right. My SR40c had a good trigger from the beginning. I ended up trading the SR9 for an LC9 which was more suited to my carrying needs.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
Kinda strange these days where they are adding revolver models(or variants) to the line and dropping auto pistols.

I had one of the first SR9's that shot ok but peened the barrel so bad it kept the slide open--sent it back to Ruger and they fixed it but I promptly dumped it when it came back, the thrill was gone and I no longer trusted it---I really wanted to like the SR series but it wasn't meant to be.

I kept looking for a replacement but locally SR's are $500 and the 9E was pushing close to $400---way too much-----sorry but $500 gets me a new Gen 4 Glock with 3 magazines. Maybe I can get a deal now as I still have 3 or 4 SR mags or probably get a PC carbine---no real interest in a Security 9 as I already have 3 Glock 19's.

Still have an American .45 that I plan on keeping---I wouldn't have bought it though unless it was steeply discounted, like it was.

Just bought a new SP101 that is going back to the mothership on Monday--its problem seems to be the individual unit and not across the line like the early SR's.

timboy

Bearcat
It's a shame that they are pulling them but the writing was on the wall when the latest models rolled out it was only a matter of time.
My SR9c is still my favorite auto loader,first hangun I bought new.

greyrush

Bearcat
Humpf. They're going with the RAP vs. the SR? Bummer. I tried the RAP at the range once and I was not impressed. I will never buy a RAP. I've had a 9E for a couple years now and it has turned into one of my favorites.

s4s4u

Hunter
FergusonTO35 said:
I think the SR9 has the best grip shape and overall ergonomics of any poly pistol ever.

I have never handled an SR9, but I felt that way about the American compact at first feel so bought one on the spot.

exavid

Hunter
It's too bad the SR9 didn't sell. It was a nice looking pistol and felt good in the hand. Unfortunately I think the more compact models of 9mm are becoming the most popular.

exavid

Hunter
I wouldn't mind one of those but I have 49 years invested in my marriage... I can just hear, "you've got two nine millimeter pistols and you need one more?" Not having a decent response to that and not wanting to whine I'll just keep what I have. Guns and wife.

Latest posts