Ruger American .45 Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
I took my new($346) Ruger American .45 pistol out to the range today. I shot 70 rounds though it and had zero feeding/ejection issues. I fired 35 Winchester 230 grain FMJ, 25 Federal 230 grain FMJ/aluminum case, & 10 PMC 230 grain SFHP(Star Fire Hollow Point).

The good: Perfect function, light recoiling, easy to see Novak sights, respectable trigger(it's steel!), easy to reach and operate slide stop and mag release, very comfortable grip, one of the smoothest pistols I've ever experienced when putting a fresh magazine in.

The bad: I have only 1 complaint actually......the front of the grip has a bit of a sharp tacking to it. Nothing that bothered me when shooting actually, but when I was practicing the art of putting the pistol on target, it seemed slightly sharp.

End opinion....I think at the regular price these sell for, they are a fine pistol and is very comfortable to shoot, VERY easy to takedown, and come with nice, easy to put on target sights. At the price I paid.....it's a dang steal!

Move over Glock 21SF and 1911.....daddy may have found a new favorite .45! Time will tell I guess, but for me at least, Ruger hit a HR with this one!

Jon

s4s4u

Hunter
The bad: I have only 1 complaint actually......the front of the grip has a bit of a sharp tacking to it. Nothing that bothered me when shooting actually, but when I was practicing the art of putting the pistol on target, it seemed slightly sharp.

This is easily remedied. I love my American compact. So much so I have been seriously looking at the full size 45. Thanks for the RR