New EC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
Bought a new EC9 last week. We had sunshine & low 60s today, so I got to shoot it today. I fired 80 plus rounds of 115 gr hardball with no problems. I fired 24 rounds of Federal 135 gr Hydra Shock. Not only were there no problems, they grouped tighter than the hardball. I fired three groups of eight rounds (7 round mag capacity plus 1 in the chamber). I could cover each group with my hand. Distance was 7 yards.

I did have one problem. At about 40 rounds of hardball, I could no longer engage the thumb safety. It didn't affect the function at all. When I clean it, I'll try to see what's wrong with the safety.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Shhhhhhhhh! The ec9 is one of the best kept secrets in the gun world. I have and carry an LC9s but after the holidays I want to add an ec.

blammer

Single-Sixer
Enjoy it. Very nice shooting small pistol at great price. Be sure you find the cause of the safety problem: if it's not engaging, but ok now, that doesn't mean it can't get stuck engaged and leave you with a shiny brick. Mine pocket carries nicely. Only things I did to it was put on a hogue grip sleeve (Pachymayr works as well) and paint the front sight. I did white, but I've done phosporescent oranges and reds on others. I had hard time sighting on dark targets.

exavid

Hunter
I traded an old Mossberg 12ga. for an EC9 a few weeks ago. I already have an LC9s but just couldn't pass up such a nice little 9mm. There's really very little difference between the two pistols, the sights aren't dovetailed and adjustable for windage like the LC9 and there aren't the three little dots on the sights either. The only real difference between the two guns is the EC9 has safeties, thumb and magazine types while my LC9s has none. For its purpose the EC9 might be the best choice due to its 50-60 bucks lighter price.

Latest posts