It's not a Ruger, but it is a 10mm service pistol.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just ordered one of the new 10mm Springfield XD M's with the 4.5" barrel that were released last week. I've wanted a service pistol with a 15 round magazine for a while. My Glock 20 is close, but it handles like a brick or a piece of 2x4. I did not want a 1911 10mm or the low cap Sig P220. We'll see how it handles when I receive it next week. Bob!! 8)

grobin

Blackhawk
Be interested in hearing how it does. I've a Glock 40 and it's nice but my Blakhawk 40/10 convertible is more fun.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I got around to shooting 100 rounds of full power 10mm ammo through the XDM this past Friday at a local indoor range. It functioned flawlessly and it is a hoss! Accuracy was all that I can manage with my 67 year old eyes. I've already traded off my Glock 20 Gen 4. I received my XDM on October 22nd and mailed in the XD promotion paperwork the next day. My 3 extra magazines and range bag were in town on November10, but the mail was undeliverable to my work place until the 13th. I'm very pleased with the 10mm XDM. :mrgreen:

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I'll chime in, I just bought a 5.25" barreled XD(M) 10mm from Tombstone Tactical in AZ. Not a screaming hot deal, MSRP @ $779, paid $663 and free shipping but they're not easy to find.

Haven't shot any of the XDs and Bass Pro won't even let you dry fire a gun but the XD(M) 9mm that I handled felt good in the hand and pointed very naturally for me.

Thought the 10,000 rd test w/o malfunctions was a pretty good indication of durability and reliability.

Have to get some powder for reloading. Won't press the recommended limits at all, will buy factory stuff like Underwood for that. Have a box of Sig 180gr and will get 4 more boxes of Sellier & Bellot for range practice and fired brass as feeder stock for reloading.

Excited to get it but going out of town to visit our son for Thanksgiving so I can't get my hands on the gun until Nov 27.

As an aside, I confirmed with Bass Pro counter guys yesterday why they won't let you dry fire. Some creep asked to see a gun, dropped the mag, loaded a round and committed suicide right in front of them. POS, if you have mental issues, don't inflict them on others, off yourself privately. Don

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
My 3 extra magazines and range bag were in town on November10, but the mail was undeliverable to my work place until the 13th. I'm very pleased with the 10mm XDM. :mrgreen:

I know the promo says 3 extra magazines. So does that mean the package has 3 or 4 magazines total? Not clear from their advertising. Thanks, Don

rangerbob

Buckeye
Donnie, the XDM comes with 2 magazines and the promo gives you 3 more and the range bag. The range bag has 3 compartments and 3 magazine spaces, a nice bag for free. Mine has my pistol, 5 magazines, a Don Hume double mag pouch, a Desantis holster, and Lula magloading tool( a necessity). I just received 1200 RP 180 gr. FMJ bullets @ $8 a hundred on a close out deal. I use either BlueDot for full power loads or CFE pistol for every thing else. My all around bullet is one of the plated 165 gr round flat points. Speer loads a 200 gr. Gold Dot factory load that should handle most chores. Bob!! 8)

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
Donnie, the XDM comes with 2 magazines and the promo gives you 3 more and the range bag. The range bag has 3 compartments and 3 magazine spaces, a nice bag for free. Mine has my pistol, 5 magazines, a Don Hume double mag pouch, a Desantis holster, and Lula magloading tool( a necessity). I just received 1200 RP 180 gr. FMJ bullets @ $8 a hundred on a close out deal. I use either BlueDot for full power loads or CFE pistol for every thing else. My all around bullet is one of the plated 165 gr round flat points. Speer loads a 200 gr. Gold Dot factory load that should handle most chores. Bob!! 8)

Hi, thanks for the input, I was out of state visiting our son for Thanksgiving. Just picked the gun up after a 750 mi drive and putting things away.

Looks like a real keeper. I didn't get the promotional material, bag, magazines, loader and holster so I will probably have to follow up with Toombstone and/or Springfield to get the goodies. Don

rangerbob

Buckeye
Donnie, you have to download the application from Springfield on their website, fill it out and mail or fax it to them. They sent me an e-mail when mine arrived. I'm sorry I did not make it plain in my post. Bob!! 8)

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
Donnie, you have to download the application from Springfield on their website, fill it out and mail or fax it to them. They sent me an e-mail when mine arrived. I'm sorry I did not make it plain in my post. Bob!! 8)

Thanks ranger. I did look the issue up on S Armory's website and will send the paperwork in, duh on my part.

Every new gun gets criticism, I'd heard some less than enthusiastic remarks about the XD(M)s trigger. I find it much better than the several Glocks I've had and better than the Ruger SR9Cs and S&W M&P9 2.0, the later two I also like more than Glocks.

Have some moderately stout SIG SAUER (180gr @ 1250), some Magtech and will take a few Grizzlys along as well. Grizzly is advertised at 200gr/1250 fps. Hope to get to the range Wed. Don

rangerbob

Buckeye
I had hoped Sig would make the 227 in 10mm with a 12 to 15 round magazine. Didn't happen! Nor did S&W offer a 4.5" or 5" M&P 2.0 in 10mm with a high cap magazine. So until something else comes along, I'll go with the XDM. Bob!! 8)

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
I had hoped Sig would make the 227 in 10mm with a 12 to 15 round magazine. Didn't happen! Nor did S&W offer a 4.5" or 5" M&P 2.0 in 10mm with a high cap magazine. So until something else comes along, I'll go with the XDM. Bob!! 8)

Before I ordered the XD(M), I called S&W Customer Service and asked if they had any plans to make a 10mm version of the M&P 2.0? Got the answer I expected, they had no information on such a build. Don

Yawn

Blackhawk
So... i mostly lurk here anymore to see what is new in the concealed carry section. Most of the discussion on the gun specific threads is redundant, and people just dont know how to debate anymore. But, i still check once a month or so, because every now and again, a winning thread pops up... and this was a huge winning thread! I love my sr45 and it is what i carry. But, i have been wanting a round that could pack a larger ounch with a higher round count in a great semi platform. 357sig? I shoot 357 mag very well... but the platform is just too small as a whole. 10mm... yep... but in the right hi-cap platform? 1911... almost always goes down in round count from what i have now! Glock... dont like the trigger safety only platform. XDm. I knew immediately that this was my next firearm! Would love to hear how is handles and shoots!

rangerbob

Buckeye
Thanks for the comment on the thread! I try. As I posted, I did get around to shooting 100 rounds through me XDM and it was everything expected and no surprises. I failed to mention that also have the GP-100 MC in 10mm and a Glock M40 6". So until a 10mm Flat top Blackhawk comes along, I set! Bob!! :mrgreen:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I don't know of any countries that issue the XDM. I called it a service pistol because it is a holster size police pistol, having carried a P226 in that role as a LE officer. It's not a compact or sub compact and not a big boy like the Glock M40. Sorry if I created any confusion. Bob!!