My LC9s made a trip home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Let me start by saying I really like my LC9s; carry it often , and just added a set of TruGlo night sights. After 510 flawless rounds the slide started locking back with several rounds left in the magazine. This started happening at least once with every mag I loaded.
I must say Rugers service, as always, has been terrific. I got the gun back in 6 business days and they said they changed the slide stop spring and inserted another spring (which makes me think a spring popped off ). I haven't brought it to the range yet ( Ruger indicated they test fired it with 21 rounds black hills RN ) but I will next week. The only problem is once I have problem with reliability in a carry gun, I have tendency to trade it; my trust in the gun is gone. I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it and make up my mind then whether or not to keep it. If things don't work out there may be another G43 in my future.

Wow! Just treat the gun like you would a new gun to re-establish reliability, and keep going. Trading off the gun will cost you money that could be used for ammo? Good luck!
gramps

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
gramps said:
Wow! Just treat the gun like you would a new gun to re-establish reliability, and keep going. Trading off the gun will cost you money that could be used for ammo? Good luck!
gramps

Well that makes the most sense. That is my plan, but if problems persist I don't need another range gun.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
UPDATE:

Got to the range today......all is well. Fired a bunch of RN and HP ammo and all fired perfectly. All is well once again in Ruger land!

exavid

Hunter
I have fired several hundred rounds though my LC9s pro and haven't had any problems at all with it. My original LC9 hammer fired was also 100% reliable though not as easy to shoot as the new model. I liked the new LC9s so much I replaced my LCP with a new LCP2. This week at a gun show I traded my old Mossberg 500 and spare barrel for the new EC9s. Happy to say it is also very good, I put two hundred rounds through it yesterday and had no difficulties with round nose, hollow point or Critical Defense ammo.
If I was looking for a carry pistol today I think I'd go wit the EC9. It's sights aren't as good as those on the LC9s but certainly good enough for it's purpose. Though I do like the absence of any safeties on the 9s. No chance of screwing up with them.

22bond

Single-Sixer
I have the same problem but right out of the box, the slide would lock back on almost every round.
Just got it back today - Paper said repair barrel, slide stop spring.
Not sure what kind of barrel repair can help with this problem.
Will test gun out this coming weekend.

Latest posts