Security 9....Opinions Wanted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ron IL

Bearcat
My security 9 was a good one. I put a couple thousand rounds through it of my reloads. It fed and shot and never had one problem. I traded if off because of the glock style trigger. It made my finger sore after just a few rounds. Then I flinched so bad I couldn't shoot it well. It really felt good in my hand and the first few shots were great. Then the sore finger. I like a regular flat steel smooth trigger. Other than that it ran fine. Most people that like glocks or other plastic guns would like it. I traded all of them off and now only own smooth flat triggers.

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
Danno said:
Accuracy is fine, for me, out to 10 yards. .

My experience, also. Bought and tried-out two, almost back-to-back. Past 10yds, the accuracy went south. At the 25yd line, I got patterns, rather than groups. With both guns, over several range visits, I had along a Glock 48, Grand Power Q100, and Ares Rex Delta. The latter pair are truly 'sleepers' in the plastic-pistol-universe. The GP was phenomenally accurate (under 2"), the Delta excellent(2-3"), and the Glock.....well...Glock, LOL (4" ish). So, definitely the Ruger arrow, and not me as an archer.

One pistol is merely an example-of-one. But, as much as there was to love about this pistol, I couldn't abide by that performance. I just don't have the patience to try multiple loads seeking a magic combination that worked.