Here we go again. Ruger announcment on American 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
blume357 said:
looks like more of a promotion to me than a recall.. how many folk that own one have put 10,000 rounds through it?
Any serious USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge or other target game competitor can easily put 10,000 rounds through a handgun in a couple of years. I'm sure at least a few Ruger Americans have been used for these purposes and that's probably where the problem showed up.

Mike J

Hunter
I find myself wondering if the recoil spring assembly was changed in these guns before 10,000 rounds. How often should they be changed? To be honest I have never replaced one on one of my pistols but I don't have anywhere near that many rounds through mine.

Mike J

Hunter
I saw a couple of posters on another forum saying that they had contacted Ruger & had this addressed. They said they had not shot 10,000 rounds but just wanted to know there would not be an issue. They said Ruger did not want the whole gun shipped to them. Just the slide, barrel & recoil spring assembly.

FWIW CDNN Sports has a really good sale on the American series. $299 for the 45 ACP, $299 for the 9mm compact and I believe it was $349 for the full size 9mm, but check the pricing on that one. They also have a deal where shipping is $4.99 for shipping (each gun)

Scotsman1886

Bearcat
Welllllllllll, I don't have 10,000 rds yet but I do have noticeable peening on the front edge of the bbl where it locks on the ejection port(not a great description)

Mr25-06

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
FWIW CDNN Sports has a really good sale on the American series. $299 for the 45 ACP, $299 for the 9mm compact and I believe it was $349 for the full size 9mm, but check the pricing on that one. They also have a deal where shipping is $4.99 for shipping (each gun)

I just ordered one of .45's for that insanely good price. I've been wanting to try one out and figured I wasn't going to get a better price than that on a new one.

My goal is to shoot that crap out of it to get used to it and break it in a bit. I will try and remember to post a range report on it in the future.

Jon