Anyone Have an FEG??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was at the gun show this weekend and was offered an FEG 9mm at a reasonable price. Instead of being the more frequently built Hi Power series it was a D/A more like the Browning BDA which I understand is far less common. It's in really good condition probably around 85% or so and came with two mags. Has anyone got any input on the gun. I figure if I don't like it I can always sell it. Best I can tell on gunbroker they sell for an average of about $375 or so plus shipping. What do you folks think?

DGW1949

Hunter
I've had three different FEG's in the past. All three were excellent guns, and were eventually sold at a nice profit...but...the ones I had were FN/Browning Hi Power clones (which can use BHP parts and mags), NOT the DA model that you are looking at.
Not saying that the model you are looking at is a bad gun, just reminding you that FEG is out of business, and that parts and mags for their rarer models may be hard to find if needed.

Just speaking for myself, I'd pass unless it was real cheap. But then again, I'm not a DA semi-auto sort of guy anyway...never saw the need.

Just my .02

DGW

DGW1949 said:
I've had three different FEG's in the past. All three were excellent guns, and were eventually sold at a nice profit...but...the ones I had were FN/Browning Hi Power clones (which can use BHP parts and mags), NOT the DA model that you are looking at.
Not saying that the model you are looking at is a bad gun, just reminding you that FEG is out of business, and that parts and mags for their rarer models may be hard to find if needed.

Just speaking for myself, I'd pass unless it was real cheap. But then again, I'm not a DA semi-auto sort of guy anyway...never saw the need.

Just my .02

DGW

I have a couple of those HP clones, too.

22bond

Single-Sixer
I had 2 FEGs. Would never buy them again. Not the same quality.
Tried to remove the mag disconnect but trigger won't stay in w/o it.
Search for Tisas Regent BR9 9mm Hi-Power Clone - it is a brand clone that is supposed to be exact clone.

magnum314

Bearcat
Only the HP clones for me. Never had an issue and quality is pretty good. Not a big fan of the DA version...but that is pretty much the issue for me with any semi auto.