I'm a bad boy... not a Ruger pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have to admit I've back slid the last couple of years from my Ruger addiction ....
Here's what I picked up yesterday:

What's even worse is it is a striker fired pistol (go ahead and call it a Glock knock off)

The first time I get to shoot it might be this coming weekend at Contender's place.

gunzo

Buckeye
Eee gads, I like those, or did till I saw one enlarged 2x. :wink:

In all seriousness, the ones I've handled feel great in my hand & have wonderful triggers for their type.
I'm up to my elbows in Glocks, or I would own one.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I have a P320C (without the optic) and it is a great shooter. Comfortable and accurate. The trigger is amazing. I have a pre upgrade one and do not have intentions at this time to sending it back for the upgrade (I don't drop my firearms). You will love it.....but expect the optic to get a bit dinged with the casings.

I have a slip on silicone grip with finger grooves on it and it feels awesome.

Two other recent non Ruger purchases include a Kimber Micro 9 with laser grips and a Sig P238 (380) with laster. These have become the daily carries with the Sig being the rear pocket carry.

grobin

Blackhawk
The SIG 928 is what I have under my pillow. Fun to shoot reliable and easy to use.

gasbag

Blackhawk
You're not a bad boy. There are a lot of good makers out there to choose from.
Sigs are good pistols.........I have several and they are all great guns.
No problems with any of them.
Hope you enjoy it.......... :)

Mike J

Hunter
Nothing wrong with striker fired. My SR 1911 & an old Dan Wesson .357 are my favorites of my meager accumulation of handguns. When I carry it is usually one of my striker fired pistols though.

I'm kind of torn... really like the classic Sig p226, especially with the thin grips and I've been a hammer fired single/double action guy forever... but recently I've switched to double action only for carry. I did carry a Ruger LC9 pro for about two years.

I failed to mention that the main reason for buying this pistol was to try and 'ace' the practical test at the end of the four day defensive handgun course at Front Sight. I'm headed to it for the forth time in December.

DGW1949

Hunter
You'll get no argument from me. The only pistols I own are Belgium-made Hi Powers and a lone Colt 1911-A1.
Now, that's not to say that I wouldn't own a Ruger pistol for serious purposes, it's just saying that thus far, they haven't made anything that interest me.

DGW

I think the P95 was the ultimate in their manufacturing... they perfected the single/double action pistol to the point that they needed to do something different.... just me. I know it has nothing to do with sales or marketing. And that is really what gun manufacturing is all about these days... marketing and selling. So, the market is flooded with 'pocket pistols' as well as high capacity magazines... I realized this yesterday while on another forum and a guy was asking if the new 17 round magazines for a Sig 320 (full-size ) would fit and work in a 320 compact model.. keep in mind the compact model like I have comes with 15 round mags... but this guy has drunk the kool-aid and thinks he's got to have 2 rounds more....

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
I think the P95 was the ultimate in their manufacturing... they perfected the single/double action pistol to the point that they needed to do something different.... just me. I know it has nothing to do with sales or marketing. And that is really what gun manufacturing is all about these days... marketing and selling. So, the market is flooded with 'pocket pistols' as well as high capacity magazines... I realized this yesterday while on another forum and a guy was asking if the new 17 round magazines for a Sig 320 (full-size ) would fit and work in a 320 compact model.. keep in mind the compact model like I have comes with 15 round mags... but this guy has drunk the kool-aid and thinks he's got to have 2 rounds more....

And they will fit....but there will be a gap below. I'm content with the 320C as is.

I dont have a P95.....and have often considered getting one to go with all the other Rugers, but all my P series Rugers are of the Stainless flavor.

I've still to get this thing to the range and I might have to wait until next weekend when I'm at the Ruger gathering.... but I will say something kind of bothers me with it... the slide is not as tight or smooth as my other Sigs or Rugers... it actually will catch and not completely fully chamber a round if you let it close slow. (yes I know you are supposed to sling shot the slide) but even with no rounds... there is a catch the last 1/4th of an inch if you slowly let the slide close... just feels strange. I think it might be part of the striker design, not sure. another thing I've noticed, which is just as interesting is the red dot... if you put the regular sights on target with the dot directly above the front sight... just a little movement and the dot moves off target but you would not realize this with the regular sights. I'm thinking this is showing me how much more on target the red dot will be than the standard sights... we'll see.

newrugersafan

Single-Sixer
The club I belong to had an appreciation day for the members and Sig had a tent set up in one of the action bays. I was able to shoot one of their 320 X5 guns with their red dot on it. Fantastic gun and sight very easy to shoot well. I've been checking prices would love to get one for a range gun.

I managed to take mine to my gun club yesterday... bottom line is I'm going to have to work at it. As for acquiring the target... that is not a problem if you draw like I've been taught at Front Sight.... basically going to two hands and pushing the gun out in front of you. The problem I'm having is most likely with my grip and trigger pull (squeeze). Even after jacking the dot up while shooting from a rest I still seem to be shooting low about a third of the time. One odd thing is the gun seems to have a very light trigger on the first shot after chambering a round and then goes to it's normal trigger pull of about 5-6 lbs.... I may have to have some work done on the gun... but with that said... I need to remind myself of my advise to others to not do any modifications until a couple hundred rounds have been put through it.

As many of you will know, I went the our East Coast Ruger Gathering yesterday... I ended up putting a couple hundred rounds through this P320... the interesting thing was every once and a while I would miss and on the paper targets during the 'course' that contender set up I notices that usually my second shot was to the left. Near the end of the day I was shooting at the steel hanging targets and I 'got it' .... how I had my finger on the trigger... if I have it full on the trigger I shoot straight... but if I let it slip off just a bit and am pulling with the part closer to the tip.... I shoot left... now the interesting thing is if I think about this it seems I should be shooting to the right while doing this.... but the diagram I have on my wall actually shows this.

Edit: Here is one of the real benefits of the small red dot on this pistol that sits directly over the iron sights.... you can see how much your point of aim moves with any little adjustment all while the iron sights appear to be still straight on.