LCP Slide

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Steelerdude1

Bearcat
Now that I've had my LCP for some time (less than a year) now and use it as my pocket cary using a Clip draw pocket/belt clip. Just curious if the black finish on the slide wearing off is common. It's on my bodies side of the slide, probably from rubbing against my jeans.

Also wondering if this would be replaceable under warranty, or if there are other options for slides, like maybe a stainless or engraved upgrade I can purchase.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
What you're seeing is commonly referred to as holster wear and it will happen to blued finishes.

s4s4u

Hunter
Also wondering if this would be replaceable under warranty, or if there are other options for slides, like maybe a stainless or engraved upgrade I can purchase.

Don't think holster wear is a warranty claim. You could have the slide cerracoated.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I stripped my slide on my LC9 when it started and I was getting little rust spots on places hard to wipe sweat off from being against my skin. I used the air dry Cerakote at home to refinish it. After that, I haven't had a problem.