LC9S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
This thread is about the LC9S Ruger Pistol. It's not about other pistols so I won't talk about other Ruger Pistols. It's confusing when people talk about other pistols in this thread that are not like the LC9S Pistol. The OP wants to know if anyone else with the LC9S pistol gets their fingers pinched. He is not asking about the LCP or any other pistol in this thread. Please keep from changing the variables in this thread so that we can focus only on his gun and his problem with his trigger finger. That is what he is asking about IMHO

I have the LC9S Pro which I think has the same trigger as the LC9S gun. So they are pretty much the same gun other than the lack of a safety and the magazine disconnect feature.

I have no problem with my trigger finger getting pinched. None at all. The middle pad on the end of the trigger finger should rest on the trigger. Not the tip of the trigger finger or the first joint from the tip of the trigger finger. Just the middle pad part of the end of the trigger finger. The placement of the trigger finger on the trigger is very important to get right. And we need to pull straight back so as not to cock the gun to the left or right when pulling the trigger and firing the gun.

Hope this helps. BTW: I have smaller hands and this gun fits into my hand perfectly.

Wheeljack

Bearcat
My LC9s pinches my finger! So I looked at the trigger. The tip of the trigger is what pinches. I got the Dremel out and ground down the trigger. Just the front tip, to make the trigger feel straighter. It seems to help, sitting here at home. Let's see how it goes at the range.
If we users realize that the LC9 is for self defense and not for target shooting, I think we will run out of rounds before we notice the pinch.

When they first came out I bought one and then several folks here talked about going to the range and putting several hundred rounds through theirs. I of course went to the range and shot about 20-30 rounds through mine and that was enough for me. I knew the gun did what it was supposed to, and was amazingly accurate for such a small pistol.. but I had no desire to run all that ammo through it. Shooting it was not pleasant for me... but I did carry the LC9s for about two years before I decided to switch to double action only... did that for just over a year and now I'm pact to Single/double action.

Dakota Dan

Bearcat
My LC9s does pinch the pad of my index finger a little if I shoot a bunch. However, for me I noticed when dry firing, using the pad of my index finger, the front sight would move slightly. If I use the first crease of my index finger, there is no movement, and it does not pinch. My accuracy is better as well. I think the crisp trigger break helps a lot.