Mk.2 Competition Target Model with slab side barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I'm thinking in the $400 range around here.

I have one and the MKII's are my favorite!

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Thanks hittman. I have passed on it even though it is a better deal than you suggested price. I have enough now and with our Liberal government here posturing to make our rules stiffer I have decided to stand pat. David

Dantforth

Blackhawk
Being fearful of your federal government is never a good thing. We have some of the strictest firearms regs here of any in the world but our Liberal majority will sell their souls for votes. Too many folks who have lost touch with reality and live in cities. So, this pistol, complete with Leupold 2X long eye relief, went for $400.00 in Canadian funds....shipped! That is about $280.00 in US funds. To show you how really stupid the regs are.....a Ruger Hawkeye in 256 Win with two digit serial number is listed for $1,500.00 and there have been no takers. BECAUSE it is listed as a "prohibited firearm"! Why? Well, every handgun in calibre less than .38" is classed as prohibited. The catch all clause to remove short barreled and low calibre handguns from the system. Prohibited means that, when the owner passes, those must be handed in to be destroyed. Including Colt....S&W....Ruger. I apologize for the rant. On top of all of this we do not have an NRA to fight for legal firearms owners. There.....I feel better now.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
In my travels, $400 would be a good price, for a 99% (fired but absolutely no visible wear or damage) condition gun.
Extras like magazines, orig box, factory stuff inside, etc. Might add a few dollars.
This for a FTF deal, an interweb gun carries shipping and transfer fees, which are actual n unavoidable costs which add to the actual price, and decrease value of the deal.

A LGS has a couple with light wear on grips and sights, but zero damage, for slightly less. Still a very good deal for a lifetime 22 pistol.