P345

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MTbisley44

Bearcat
Was on the fence of selling mine but then took it out one last time and decided to just hang on to it. I was wondering if anyone has fired 45 super from their 345. Mine has fired a few rds of 45 super, 4 to be exact. How would it hold up to say a few hundred rds? I like the way it fits my hand and would like to have the 45 super option when I venture into the MT hills. I just don't want to destroy my 345 in the process.

loaded round

Hunter
Why? The P345 is a very good firearm just using regular or +P 45 ACP ammo w/o trying something exotic in it. The P345 is a very unappreciated pistol that makes an excellent house/SD firearm. My younger son and I both keep a P345 as our night stand gun. Just be sure to ''clean your rear sight'' if you plan to keep it.

MTbisley44

Bearcat
I don't see any reason why the Ruger would not be strong enough but was just curious if anyone else has fed their Ruger 345 a diet of 45super.

loaded round

Hunter
''Cleaning your rear sight'' was a phrase generated awhile back and means to remove your rear sight, and take out the factory installed magazine disconnector and it's spring (2 parts). These pieces readily fall out and then you reinstall your rear sight which is a very easy procedure. The magazine disconnector caused a lot of FTF problems with the P345 and removing those parts made it a much more reliable pistol. I suspect that that phrase came from liability issues by telling people outright to remove parts from a firearm.

ruger357 said:
I have a question for Member HUNTER what do u mean by remember to keep your rear sight clean + why put
" " around it ?

Koyote

Bearcat
If you do remove your rear sights, they should be replaced. I changed to Mepro rear sights. Much larger white dots!