only in California

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
We have a "safe" handgun roster. If it's not on the list you can't buy one here. Unless it's already in the state and then only face to face with an FFL brokering the transaction. It's made for some crazy prices. This MK3 sold in just over 2 hours for what I'd say is twice its value.

I'm moving out of state so i'm letting go my beloved Ruger. It's the Mark III Hunter, pristine condition. I had maybe 200-300 rds through it (.22 ammo cost to damn much). I live in Westminster so text me for quicker response. This one is off-list if i'm not mistaken. That means you can only get it through PPT so i can't ship it.
Eric : 408 931 38XX

Price is $750

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1465872

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
.22LR ammo costs too much??? It's the cheapest thing going, if you can't afford .22LR, you need to give up shooting.

In any event my local Walmart has 550 rd boxes of Federal for $19.94. Even think they're copper coated slugs as well. That's a pre Obozo price! Don

Not sure Eric really is a "Straight Shooter". If his Ruger is so beloved, why doesn't he just take it with him when he moves? Does California check you for firearms when you leave the state?

Snake45

Hawkeye
Donnieweps said:
In any event my local Walmart has 550 rd boxes of Federal for $19.94. That's a pre Obozo price! Don
No it's not. It's about double the pre-Obozo price. I know, 'cause I bought (at Walmart) and shot over 50K rounds of the stuff 2005-2009.

Won't comment on the seller but, The MK III was on the list, but Ruger didn't pay the extortion to list a firearm that isn't made anymore. So, he can sell it anywhere he wants. But in the state he is correct about fact to face and through an FFL.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Looks like the gun was sold on 7-27-18.

Yes there seems to be more fishing fs posts not moved to the classifieds section lately...?

tunnug

Single-Sixer
The OP should have put quotation marks on the second paragraph, it would have made more sense that it was quoted from cal-guns and not a for sale add from him.

gunzo

Hunter
Snake45 said:
Donnieweps said:
In any event my local Walmart has 550 rd boxes of Federal for $19.94. That's a pre Obozo price! Don
No it's not. It's about double the pre-Obozo price. I know, 'cause I bought (at Walmart) and shot over 50K rounds of the stuff 2005-2009.

Snake, I'm not doubting you & have never observed you to be senile, so different locals must have had a way different price structure on 22 ammo.
Or maybe I'm getting senile :shock: but in Ky. in 2009, 4 cents was the going price for bulk Rem & Fed bulk. Maybe 3.6 cents before a short term shortage about that time.

I don't know where +4020 is, but I'd have to go back way before 2005 to see $10 bricks in my area. Others have mentioned these prices. I just figured they got a decade or two mixed up. I didn't see it here or in the monthly fliers I'd get from Midsouth, Natchez, & Midway.

I doesn't matter, maybe just trying sort out my own memory. Well that & the fact I have this written on the wall in my gun room.... 22LR 4 cents 2010. Just curious.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Snake45 said:
Donnieweps said:

Well, when Obozo started his garbage, local prices in Walmart for 550 rd boxes of Federal were just over $20 in the Albuquerque, NM area.

Repeat, if you can't afford 3.6 cents a shot, you need to find another hobby. Don

woodperson

Single-Sixer
All in all I found this post to be pretty informative. I do not live in Cali. I did not see it as a for sale post but as an informational post.