Ruger P-85 Firing Pin Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Frontovik193rd

Bearcat
I have two P-85's that have the safety recall work done on them. The first one, I took to the Police Range to qualify (off duty) with it and it would not fire.....nothing, but light strikes. For some reason, I love this pistol, so I bought another one. I had totally taken-down and reassembled the first one so I thought that I may have screwed it up. The second one looked very good and appeared to have seen very little use. I haven't taken the second one to the range, yet. I tried the old method of putting a pencil down the barrel (eraser first) and dry-firing it in both double and single action. the results were anemic, at best. I tried the same test with my S&W 6906 and my 1911. Both of those almost put the pencil through the ceiling. They qualifed as bangs...the P-85's as poofs. Any insight into this? Thanks in advance for any help...….BillG

One observation in taking this beast apart. For those of you old enough to remember him....the P-85 looks like it was designed by Rube Goldberg!

roylt

Hunter
With the slide off the pistol push the fire pin block in and then the fire pin to see how smooth it moves and if it protrudes out the breech. You can inspect the tip too that way.

Post pics if you want more input.

Latest posts