P 345

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dumbear

Bearcat
Dose anyone make a dovetailed mounting plate or rail for mounting a red dot to a P345

loaded round

Hunter
Can't help you there, but glad to see another mforum member that appreciates the P345. Very dependable pistol after the rear sight has been ''cleaned''.

charlesappel

Single-Sixer
loaded round said:
Can't help you there, but glad to see another mforum member that appreciates the P345. Very dependable pistol after the rear sight has been ''cleaned''.
OK, I'll bite. What does "cleaning" the rear sight mean?

s4s4u

Hunter
charlesappel said:
loaded round said:

I believe he is referring to disabling the magazine disconnect.

loaded round

Hunter
It was a coined phrase when the P345 first came out. It refers to drifting the rear sight off the slide, and removing the magazine disconnect pin and spring and reinstalling the rear sight. This procedure corrected one big problem with the P345 and actually improved the trigger pull. I've done it twice with my P345 and my son's.

dd
s4s4u said:
charlesappel said:
loaded round said:

I believe he is referring to disabling the magazine disconnect.

Dumbear

Bearcat
Can someone PM me with a detailed description on how to do the "clean rear sight
" thing.

loaded round

Hunter
Google it. There are several online videos explaining exactly how and what you do. It's a very simple procedure. Email me if you have additional questions.

Dumbear said:
Can someone PM me with a detailed description on how to do the "clean rear sight
" thing.