Best place to buy LC9s Pro with stainless slide?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
I'm looking to buy a LC9s Pro with stainless slide, but my search skills are failing me. :(

ETA. Is this combination even a thing? I sure don't want a manual safety, I'm not going to "just ignore it" and I don't want rust. Is Ruger not realizing this perfect combo of no safety and a stainless slide would be desirable?

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Well I wrote Ruger and they said they can't divulge any new products coming out and to check back at the website. Looks like this combo does not exist yet, but here's hoping.

TALO Distributor Exclusive
Model: 3261
Caliber: 9mm Luger
Spec Sheet
Buy Now
Capacity: 7+1
Barrel Length: 3.12"
Safety Option: Standard
Davidsons Distributor Exclusive
Model: 3238
Spec Sheet
Safety Option:

Both have Stainless slides. A little fancier than normal

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
TALO Distributor Exclusive
Model: 3261
Spec Sheet
Buy Now
Safety Option: Standard
Davidsons Distributor Exclusive
Model: 3238
Spec Sheet
Safety Option:

Both have Stainless slides. A little fancier than normal

Both of those have manual and magazine disconnect safeties.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Considering they're not making the LC9s Pro anymore, you are likely out of luck.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
mac66 said:
Considering they're not making the LC9s Pro anymore, you are likely out of luck.

The picture at the very top of the LC9s page on the Ruger website is a Pro model with no safety and "Gun Will Fire With Magazine Removed" on the slide. They actually don't list anything other than distributor exclusives, so one would think that that they don't sell any standard model, yet they still do. I have no problem finding Pro models and I think Ruger would of told me that the Pro model is no longer in production when I wrote them.

I have a feeling they're going to come out with a new LC9s using the same grip texture as the LCP II and Security 9. Hopefully they'll offer a LC9s Pro model with stainless slide as well.

I have to say that sometimes what they tell you might be a little off... the one time I emailed someone at Ruger and suggested they make an LC9 with a stainless steel slide the response I got was there was no plans to do this... then a year later guess what comes out? The real mystery is why they never came out with a stainless steel pro model... who more than anyone else would want and need a stainless one?

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Here's hoping something new is revealed at the next SHOT show. Weather it be an update to the LC9s or a competitor to the P365. I've owned many firearms from many manufacturers and Ruger is the one and only brand that I've never had a single problem with. I've owned two P89s, a P345, a P95, two 10/22s, two GP100s, two 38spl LCRs, a Ruger Redhawk in 45LC, a 22/45, two 357 SP101s and a 3" 22lr SP101. Ruger needs to be the brand of the next carry gun I buy.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Nakanokalronin said:
mac66 said:

The picture at the very top of the LC9s page on the Ruger website is a Pro model with no safety and "Gun Will Fire With Magazine Removed" on the slide. They actually don't list anything other than distributor exclusives, so one would think that that they don't sell any standard model, yet they still do. I have no problem finding Pro models and I think Ruger would of told me that the Pro model is no longer in production when I wrote them.

I have a feeling they're going to come out with a new LC9s using the same grip texture as the LCP II and Security 9. Hopefully they'll offer a LC9s Pro model with stainless slide as well.

Except they took the Pro model out of the catalog when they added the E model. I'd never say never but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting either.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
mac66 said:
Nakanokalronin said:
mac66 said:

Except they took the Pro model out of the catalog when they added the E model. I'd never say never but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting either.

Yes, but they don't list a standard LC9s model either, only distributor exclusives. Did they discontinue those as well? They took down the Pro at the beginning of the year so who knows what they have in the works. Why would Ruger update the site and still use a model they no longer make as a header for the LC9s product page? I'm not lacking a carry gun and Ruger doesn't make anything in a configuration I want, so I'll see if they release something at the next SHOT show.