Holster for EC9 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zackary1

Bearcat
Hello: A good friend of mine just purchased an EC9 ( shot it yesterday, really fun ) and is looking to purchase a hip holster to carry it " concealed carry" (NYS, unfortunately). I told him I would post it and get some recommendations. Thank you for your time and expertise. Zackary.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
s4s4u said:
Innie or outie, IWB or OWB?

Lots of fine holsters available. But you get what you pay for. A high quality molded leather OWB or IWB will run $100 +/- . Kydex is considerably cheaper but generally not as comfortable and tends to print more, however that's not as big an issue with compacts as it is with full size pistols. As for OWB vs. IWB, that largely depends on how he normally dresses, and if the trade off regarding ease of access is acceptable. IWB generally being more difficult (slower) to draw if you're in a hurry. Also, an IWB may require a larger waist size trouser.

I think of holsters as being like underwear. Some is comfy and some ain't. :wink:

Just as important is a quality belt. That means a sturdy 1.5" wide x .25" thick leather, such as Bullhide or Justin, among others.

grobin

Blackhawk
Checkout the Midway holster finder. Some results for EC9s here: https://www.midwayusa.com/holster-finder/filter-options
I and some friends have had good luck with it. I've had one notable fail in that it gave a much too small holster for my Blackhawk convertible. Midway was happy to take it back and give me a refund.

You need to decide how you want to carry. Some stiles are more comfortable/appropriate than others. Back when I was 200lbs (at 5'8") an IWB worked fine for me, but now I'm 125lbs and it's plain uncomfortable. I've a small of the back holster that works great except if I am driving for awhile. I find a shoulder holster very comfortable but they are only appropriate when you are going to wear some sort of jacket. You might want to checkout CC clothing as well, do a quick search for concealed carry clothes, there are lots of options.

If you don't know what you want then I would recommend going to a gun store with a good holster selection so you can try them on. Some gun shows also have holster makers at the show.

Also checkout http://aliengearholsters.com they have a modular holster that lets you build your own however you like.

I bought a Triple K inside the waste band leather one from the Ruger Store when I got mine... I don't know if it was just me or the holster that caused the rust on the slide that occurred over the first Summer but I finally solved that by soaking the inside side of the holster that touches me with WD-40. Really like leather.... sometimes I wear them inside the waste and sometimes just inside the belt but outside the pants.

vba

Bearcat
Late entry to this thread but I just bought this holster off ebay and like it very much:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/El-Paso-Saddlery-HSLC9RR-High-Slide-Ruger-LC9-3-12-Barrel-Leather-Russet/401492002996?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It's an OWB and fits very snug against me. It conceals very well.

Holster from mine came in yesterday. I got a Simply Rugged Cuda. Around $90 or so like Gunny said. Works well. I like it. They don't have a choice for EC9S just use LC9 and it will work. Don't use LCP my dyslexia kicked in and I had to send them back and get the LC9. :oops: :oops:

You have to scroll down to find it.