Happy Birthday to Me...4th Ruger This Year...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aqualung

Blackhawk
My buddy texted me about a really good sale going on at his LGS. They had Ruger American pistols for a really low price.

Earlier this year, I'd picked up a 9mm RAP at a show for what I thought was a good price and these were almost $75 lower than that price.

When I was considering the RAP, I was up in the air about which to choose, the 9mm or the .45.

Given the great sale price, now I have both. I couldn't resist it.

I picked up a full-sized Pro Model. I was looking for the manual safety model like my 9mm, but they didn't have any of those. I figured I'd get used to it since it'll be pretty much a range gun.

So, as I was filling out the laperwork, I said to the kid..."I've filled out 4 of these this year, and they were all for Rugers."

In February, I bought the RAP 9mm, in April, I bought my buddy's 9.5" Single Six and an AR556 stripped receiver the same day. Now, today, I added another Ruger to the collection.

And my buddy picked up a RAP 9mm Compact for an even better price that was $25 less than the others...even the clerks couldn't figure out why it was priced less than the others.

Aqualung

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Glad to see you got a good deal, however if Ruger is already dropping prices on the RAP that doesn't bode well. My local shop doesn't keep them in stock anymore. He says they seem to work well but they just don't sell fast enough to justify the inventory space. This shop sells bunches of other Rugers BTW.