Ruger KP89 (Stainless)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
So what's the going rate for a Ruger KP89 Safety model in your neck of the woods? I know prices vary but just putting out feelers. I have one like new that I do not use, since I have others (KP93DC, KP94DC, KP944DC and a KP90DC) and thinking of thinning the herd to make room for some other like toys.

Except for around your town... PA has some of the best pricing on 'out dated' pistols like that. ($300 give or take $50) And I mean they usually sell pretty cheap... that's the bad news... but I think in other parts of the country they can get a hundred dollars or more for one easily.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Yea, seen some locally go for that, and what I would be willing to let it go for. It has all the OEM stuff with it (case, manual, etc.), even an aftermarket set of grips (like on all my Rugers). Hardly used, and one of the reasons I'm willing to part with it. I like the others better for some reason. Trades they want you to give it away or steal it from you. And shipping might not make it an attractive deal to some, unless someone has an itch for it. I guess I will list it locally and again in the classifieds and ride out the storm.

Edit.....it is in the classifieds.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
MA has special market conditions. Around here the decocker in excellent condition might get $300 with all the extras. $250 for lesser valued P89s.

A.J.

Single-Sixer
I own a P89 (blued version). Don't get me wrong... It's a very reliable gun but isn't worth more than $200. It's my "car gun." Don't have to worry too much about it getting stolen AND if I really need to use it, the gun refuses to jam.

Keep your kP89.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
P89DC said:
MA has special market conditions. Around here the decocker in excellent condition might get $300 with all the extras. $250 for lesser valued P89s.
Dont I know it!
I got $450 and I could have asked even more for it! At least $475 , $500 to the right buyer. When a 20 year old Glock is going for $700-800 bucks....the Ruger looks like a deal

22/45 Fan

Hunter
A.J. said:
I own a P89 (blued version). Don't get me wrong... It's a very reliable gun but isn't worth more than $200. It's my "car gun." Don't have to worry too much about it getting stolen AND if I really need to use it, the gun refuses to jam.

Keep your kP89.
A few years ago I bought a blue P89 safety/decocker that had a P95 trigger installed, had been professionally Cerakoted, and included two extra high-cap magazines, the hard case and owner's manual and paid $250 to the original owner. He was happy to get that. Stainless would have commanded maybe $50 more.