Slide Fails To Return To Battery: LC9 NOT LC9S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EVR

Single-Sixer
I'm familiar w/ the LC9S problem, but I have the old LC9. Just started having a problem with slide occasionally not seating fully. Have tried with various ammo and have isolated the problem to the friction between the extractor and the case which the recoil spring is not powerful enough to overcome.

I have about 800-1000 rounds thru the gun.

I am planning on ordering a new recoil spring, but is anyone familiar with this problem in the old LC9 hammer guns? 1000 rounds seems like too little to require a replacement, but on the other hand, the recoil spring feels none too strong.

I really like this pistol, shoot it very well and carry it every day except now until I get this sorted out.

Any input would be appreciated.

DGW1949

Hunter
If the spring is weak, it's weak...and if that's the case, there's really nothing to do but replace it and carry on.
FWIW; Just speaking for myself, I'm a big fan of using original equipment (factory) replacement parts. Wolff springs?...not so much.

DGW

EVR

Single-Sixer
Anybody experienced this problem with the original DAO series pistols?

hittman

Staff member
What did Ruger say?

Mine went to them about light primer strikes.

Came back fixed and free.

EVR

Single-Sixer
Ruger CSR said she's heard of the problem before. Are sending me a new recoil spring assembly and new extractor spring for free. If that doesn't work, they want to take the gun back and inspect it.

So far, so good.

EVR

Single-Sixer
woodsy said:
Which, or what " LC9S problem" are you referring to? Seating back into battery? I think not.

Yes, full return t battery.

Google it. There was {IS?} a problem with the assembly of the return spring assembly. No big deal it appears as one must only make sure the spring is installed right side in.