Ruger SR9C Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I completely understand that holsters are a certainly a personal preference issue. I'm open to suggestions.

I'm 6' 2", lean and exercise. I've put too much time into keeping in shape and have too much ego to wear baggy clothes in order to carry.

My preference is for cross draw with a holster that keeps most of its shape after a draw so that reholstering isn't a pain and a safety issue. Think Kydex is probably not an option, likely way too much rubbing on the skin when CCW in TX heat.

Thanks, Don

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I use this fairly inexpensive leather holster cross draw for my SR9c. The retention is good, easy one handed reholstering, and decent quality leather and stitching. It's not overly large or bulky either. I got the non-canted model, and wish I could cant it forward when cross draw. It looks like they have both a forward and rearward cant options now, too.

It is worth noting, though, that unlike Don, I am overweight and out of shape and wear baggy clothing, and still like the holster. :)

Here's the link: https://www.theholsterstore.net/Pro-Carry-HD-p/procarryhd.htm. It's the pro carry HD.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Hi Single-sixer, thanks for the link, the holster looks interesting. Think I'll call them and ask a few questions, primarily the return policy if it doesn't work for me. Don

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I have two Alien Gear holsters, one for an SR9c. I am very happy with both of them. These are hybrid holsters with a Kydex shell, and a synthetic backing pad. The pad has a soft neoprene on the skin side of the pad. Their premium backing has a thin stainless steel stiffener in the middle of the pad. They have a lifetime warranty, and I believe they also have a not happy with it return period. Depth and cant are adjustable, as is retention. Prices are excellent.

I wear my SR9c appendix on my strong side. They also have a shell exchange program, where you can return the shell you have for exchange for a different shell at no charge. This would be if you change carry weapons and want to use your old backing plate with a new shell.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
If you're not stuck on cross draw, Diamond D https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/ , has very high quality OWB and IWB leather you might consider. I have an IWB, and a Pancake for my 9e that I'm very happy with.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
My highest quality holster for all my guns is a Bonneville SR9c model made by UBG. True custom hand crafted leather made by one guy. He currently has an SR9c Phaetos model premade so no wait time except shipping time.

Scroll down and you'll see the specific model I mentioned.
http://www.ubgholsters.com/styled-13/

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
planetcat said:
Here's the link: https://www.theholsterstore.net/Pro-Carry-HD-p/procarryhd.htm. It's the pro carry HD.

Thanks, planetcat. As you know here are many reputable holster makers and literally thousands of models, probably hundreds for the SR9C alone, a staggering task to think you can choose the absolute perfect one.

So, I took 95% of your advice, ordered their "Zombie" model which their customer service said it was more comfortable than the HD, however more attention will be necessary on reholstering.

Got one for cross draw and reverse cant based on the CS rep's recommedation. Has been shipped. Don

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I did get a holster from the Holster Store, not the HD but the Zombie on the recommendation of the store, saying it would likely be more comfortable.

I really like it and with a crossdraw and "cant" it works very well for me. Makes the draw stroke much better for me. Even though it is supple, the gun comes out easily and can be reholstered easily. Don