What’s it worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Oh man ..... its a better time to buy than to sell one of those.

Maybe $150 retail?

A brand new EC9s can be had in the $230 range.

roylt

Hunter
If you are buying I would choose something new instead. If you are looking to sell, not worth much so just keep it.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
The value on those took a dive when the LC9s was introduced. Now with the EC9s the original LC9 value has plummeted even further.
It's highest value would probably be to just hold onto it for that gun to be a backup to a backup. Store it and leave it be as that last ditch pistol.

Realistic pricing is going to be somewhere around $150 and maybe someone would be foolish enough to pay around $200 for it. So unless you just have to have the cash I'd recommend storing it for that rainy day.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
The value on those took a dive when the LC9s was introduced. Now with the EC9s the original LC9 value has plummeted even further.
It's highest value would probably be to just hold onto it for that gun to be a backup to a backup. Store it and leave it be as that last ditch pistol.

Realistic pricing is going to be somewhere around $150 and maybe someone would be foolish enough to pay around $200 for it. So unless you just have to have the cash I'd recommend storing it for that rainy day.

Not everyone is as up to speed as the folks here. Price is relative on some things. I would price it at $200 to sell locally. People that will buy one think in terms of I can afford that. It will move just because of the price, which at times has nothing to do with the value. You can always come down if necessary. Appeal to the impulse buyer. They are out there.

RSIno1

Hunter
Off roster guns bring a premium here in CA. People are asking $250-500 for them. A LEO can buy one as they are exempt but Joe Citizen can only get one in a face to face transfer https://www.oag.ca.gov/firearms/certguns. Several cops of late have been arrested for buying and flipping off roster guns.

s4s4u

Hunter
Some folks like that looong trigger. I'd think if you posted it for $200 it would eventually go. Can always lower the price if it doesn't.

Cubby

Single-Sixer
I have an original LC9. It goes bang every time I pull the trigger. That makes it a keeper for me!