Threaded Barrels for pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbltap45

Bearcat
Why is it impossible to locate any aftermarket or factory threaded barrels for Ruger centerfire pistols? :?:

I've seen a few, I think. But I suspect the reality is the market is not there. Seems most of the pistol market these days is for concealed carry and since a threaded barrel is mostly for a suppressor that kind of limits the ability to conceal as well as putting way too much liability on one.

grobin

Blackhawk
All the suppressors out there are intended for full size pistols (whether rimfire or center fire). The 'pocket' pistols out sell these by a factor of 5-10, depending on who's numbers you use, so there is no market.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I expect the reason is the demand isn't there. Threaded aftermarket barrels are offered for pistols that sell in relatively large numbers such as Glocks, S&W M&P, etc. Rugers, even the American, have never built up a large aftermarket. Maybe that will change in the future if the American is truly a sales success.

dbltap45

Bearcat
Kind of a catch 22 as I have bought S&W and Glock only because there were no threaded barrels for Ruger pistols.

donw

Bearcat
in the hi desert of southern california between te
I think legislators and Hollywood assassins have struck fear into the non-shooting, paranoid, run-of-the mill citizen about silencers. they have the non-thinking public believe that anyone who uses a silencer is an assassin, or a would be assassin. they think that an assassin could kill someone at the local public library and there would be no sound.

I would like to have a moderator for my 22-250 and 22 Hornet, though... 8)

Latest posts