New 9E

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pzlehr

Bearcat
I have had mine a couple weeks and I love it as opposed to my Glocks. It's very accurate, although mine shoots to the left. Put Talon grips on it since it felt "slippery". Still shoots left, excellent groups but maybe 1 1/2" left. Could be me but I shoot my SR9c and 40c right on the money. I am tempted to get another just because. Too bad they are not in 40S&W. Wonder why these are not more popular?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Anyone know why the 9E specifically has been discontinued? I expect the SR-series will be dropped eventually as the American is Ruger's main focus but so far all of the SR's are still listed except the 9E.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
one bullet said:
I'm really surprised at how light the trigger pull is as compared to other striker fired handguns.

Polishing up the internals, removing the mag disconnect, and proper lube will make it even better. If you want to go beyond that a Rocket reset kit from Galloway Precision - installed by a gunsmith - will improve the pistol even more. As will 20lb recoil spring and guide rod, which is a simple drop in.

https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr9-and-sr40/

You'll like yours -- I managed to get mine for $270, but prices appear to be rising. I've had good luck with most ammo, except for the last batch I got of WWB -- lots of light primer strikes. Fires the cheap Tula stuff just fine and any other brass ammo I've tried. The newer SR9s make it a bit easier to get at the striker assembly as well.

GKC

Blackhawk
Academy Sports has them in stock, at least on their website...order online and ship it to a store...for $379. I have previously owned one, and liked it better than the SR9. Mine had a magazine disconnect but it was easily removed.

egl52

Single-Sixer
misterbunnywunny said:
You'll like yours -- I managed to get mine for $270, but prices appear to be rising. I've had good luck with most ammo, except for the last batch I got of WWB -- lots of light primer strikes. Fires the cheap Tula stuff just fine and any other brass ammo I've tried. The newer SR9s make it a bit easier to get at the striker assembly as well.

I have an SR9E as well and love it, and have also had light primer strikes with WWB. The last trip to the range I probably had 5 out the box of 100 fail to fire. I did some web searches and it seems that every person complaining about light strikes with their SR9E traces it back to WWB ammo. So my solution will be to avoid WWB from now on. It has been 100% with all other brands.

Armybrat

Buckeye
egl52 said:
misterbunnywunny said:

I have an SR9E as well and love it, and have also had light primer strikes with WWB. The last trip to the range I probably had 5 out the box of 100 fail to fire. I did some web searches and it seems that every person complaining about light strikes with their SR9E traces it back to WWB ammo. So my solution will be to avoid WWB from now on. It has been 100% with all other brands.
Had a LOT of light primer strikes with my new early production SR9 when running WWB at the first range session. Cleaned out the striker channel with Gun Blast, and it ran fine afterwards.
Have had a problem with WWB in .380 with another gun, so I won't be buying any more of that stuff.

jasper661

Bearcat
The 9E is a a good choice. I have a couple of years on mine, I did have to move the sights a bit, actually just centred them on the slide. Most of the striker fired guns out there have only drift "adjustable" sights, a sight pusher tool is a good investment, and a lot easier on you and the gun that the punch and hammer route.

I suspect the 9E was dropped in favour of the Security 9. Another modular design, and from the reviews I have read/seen it is a very nice gun. In my opinion and that is all it is, I think the SR series guns are more aesthetically pleasing.. But as my mother used to say "handsome is as handsome does..!"

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Mine are both fine guns, a great bargain for flawless performance in a plastic-framed American-made 17+1 9mm. Get some spare mags.

The Security 9 does nothing for me. Just cheaper manufacturing costs for a trendy re-design.

meister mash

Bearcat
Bought one at xmas time for $250 on sale.
Also have a $550 fn 509.
This cheep Ruger is a better buy.

Latest posts