RAP shooting low with Freedom Ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pzlehr

Bearcat
I went shooting today with both my Ruger SR9c and the RAP compact 9mm. At 10 yds shooting at a 8X11 paper with a 3 inch circle on it I got 5 rounds of Freedom ammo 115gr, RN in a tight group with 3 shots touching. Did the same with RAP and only 3 hit paper about 3 inches low. Anyone else have this problem? I will try different ammo and was wondering if anyone knows what ammo the RAP likes best? Also, can the sights be swapped out and if so what kind would they be? Thanks for any info. Does the RAP need a break in period? I have maybe only fired 25 rounds through it.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
I had same problem with LC9S, went from 115 gr. to 124 gr. and it seemed to help. Will be comparing them more when I get time, amd some warm weather.

s4s4u

Hunter
I load a 115 in front of 4.8 grains of Titegroup and my RAP compact will clean out a 2" bull @ 10 yards. It shot to POA out of the box and I put 250 trouble free rounds through it day one. I love that pistol.

Thel

Blackhawk
Faster ammo and ones with a lighter bullet will shoot lower as the bullet spends less time in the barrel and recoil has less time to raise the muzzle. I have a RAP compact and put an XS tritium sight setup on it so there are options for the gun such as XS, Novak, TruGlo, Trijicon and a number of others. A search of Gun Broker, Amazon and Ebay should turn up a number.

Latest posts